Kobe Bryant is way overrated!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
One of our older members I've known for a while sent me this link. It's a site that a friend of his made comparing Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan.

The stats comparisons are very interesting. It's amazing how much better Michael Jordan actually is/was than Kobe is now.

kb24overrated.com - Home

The numbers DEFINITELY do not lie here. Michael Jordan wins hands down.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
While I agree that he's not as good as Jordan, he is close to the top now. He's not going to win a championship this year, the Lakers should have tried harder to get Kevin Garnett.

RarePD

Registered Member
Kobe has never had a season over 46% shooting.

Kobe has only 3 years over 30 points per game, Kobe only has 2 scoring titles and both came under 47% shooting. I mean this guy has 0 NBA MVPs. Jordan was a player who shot 51% as a Chicago Bull, Jordan won 10 scoring titles and 6 of them in years where he made over 50% of his shots.

Jordan also won 6 Finals MVPs and 5 League MVPs, not to mention he was defensive player of the year in the same season he won a scoring title, which is very rare. Jordan is unmatched. Kobe isn't even close, Steve Nash is a beller basketball player than Kobe Bean Bryant.

Oscar Robertson, Karem Abdul-Jabar, Magic Johnson, people like that are the closest thing to Jordan not no Kobe Bryant who averages a pathetic 4 assists per game.

Thanks for posting this! lol

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
But Kobe is the better free throw shooter! :rolleyes:

I wonder why they didn't put three point percentage in there.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you know if Kobe has a better three point record than Jordan? I would highly doubt it. Jordan had some amazing threes all throughout his career.

He is by far the best the game has ever seen so far. I REALLY want to see somebody else step up to the challenge but lately it's all about egos. Jordan wasn't really ever overly egotistic and that's what made him so likable. That and the fact that he was the best. Everybody knew he was the best so there was no reason for him to flaunt it. He just enjoyed the game and it showed.

He also made a ton of money which I'm sure didn't hurt either.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Do you know if Kobe has a better three point record than Jordan? I would highly doubt it. Jordan had some amazing threes all throughout his career.
I have no idea. Jordan played a couple years with the shorter three point arc, so that could affect his percentage a little.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Kobe has to be a ball hog. If you don't believe me, go and look at the Lakers roster... and hes not better than Jordan, but he is in the top 5 for players this generation.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no idea. Jordan played a couple years with the shorter three point arc, so that could affect his percentage a little.
That's true. Funny thing is there is talk about moving it back again. I don't know if anything was confirmed for next season, but from what I've heard it sounded like the move was imminent.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Also keep in mind that Jordan had to shoot the three for his team. When the Lakers were winning championships, they had Rick Fox, Robert Horry and Derek Fisher on the floor at the same time. All are outstanding three point shooters, reducing the need for Kobe to shoot them. Hes known more to slash to the basket and take the 15+ fadeaway shot.