• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Known Shillers

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I think that I tend to over research an item at times because of all the shill bidders. Tend to miss out on an auction that I could have had at 1.50 that was 'real' because I was looking at someone elses bidder list to see how many bid and who made them and why was this particular item going up so high...

I have been looking at BIN items more and more recently. I just go directly to my reasonable bidding price range. And a lot of sellers offer free shipping with BIN too. It almost equals out. With BIN you know you arent going to be outbid at the last second either :D

Penguin

Registered Member
I like BIN but I also like getting a lower price by bidding. I usually keep an eye on it until nearly the last minute before deciding.

hokeshel

Registered Member
I like BIN but I also like getting a lower price by bidding. I usually keep an eye on it until nearly the last minute before deciding.
That is what I do. It makes it more fun too. It also gives me a chance to think about if I REALLY want the item.

katharina

Registered Member
I almost always look for a good buy-it-now price rather than mess with bidding. It used to be a large part of the fun of eBay, but so many people have found a way to take advantage. It's a shame. I'm starting to prefer to use eBay more like a store with the Buy-It-Now feature.
I've noticed this. Every time something nice or good comes along, you can bet that someone will soon come by to take advantage and mess it up for everyone else. Annoying, isn't it? :shake: