Movies "Knowing"

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

A teacher (Cage) opens a time capsule that has been dug up at his son's elementary school; in it are some chilling predictions -- some that have already occurred and others that are about to -- that lead him to believe his family plays a role in the events that are about to unfold. Knowing (2009)
YouTube - The Knowing Trailer: New Movie coming 2009 HD

I've been watching the History Channel all night.... theres been a real big Apocalyptic theme for tonight. This Movie keeps getting advertised and its really looking more and more interesting every time I see this trailer. I've always been a fan of Nicolas Cage, so I have little doubt it'll have a great performance on his part. The concept of the movie grasps a really hot topic thats buzzing around Doomsday Nuts lately. I'll have to say that if I have money when this comes out I'll for sure check into the theatre to see this one.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Yeah, I was watching the "Nostradamus and 2012" show today when an ad for that movie came on. Nice tie-in, I must say.

Looks okay, but it ain't quite a realistic enough scenario to get me to pay the eleven bucks plus ten for snacks to see it at the Regal.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Why does Cage keep making these kinds of movies? I get sick of watching him solve coincidental puzzles all the time.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yeah, I was watching the "Nostradamus and 2012" show today when an ad for that movie came on. Nice tie-in, I must say.

Looks okay, but it ain't quite a realistic enough scenario to get me to pay the eleven bucks plus ten for snacks to see it at the Regal.
You buy snacks? i go to the stoe and get some cheap ones. Then i take some empty bottles of water and fill them up with tea at my work lol i am a cheap bitch. I must say that I agree with Oxy, these movies are getting boring. I dont't like him that much anyway, he was okay in the national treasure movies.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

LMAO thats what I was watching! That and the 7 signs of the Apocalypse :hah:

meh.... maybe its just me but I've always loved these kinds of movies. At least we dont have any Volcano or Tornado movies coming out. I remember a point in time when Volcano's were the in thing in Hollywood.... there was Pierce Brosnan in Dante's Peak, Tommy Lee Jones in Volcano, and lord knows how many low budget ones. Same thing with Torando's! We got Twister and then about 13,000 different low budget films on Tornado's gone wrong.

These themes always pass, I think we've probably got till about 2012 until this doomsday kind will go away.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw this trailer a few months ago when I went to see a movie. I am a big fan of Nicholas Cage and I'll definitely be going to see this movie. I think Cage is suited for these type of roles, it's more believing then his Con Air role. I really hope it's good though. Because I hate watching movies were I am expecting it to be very good but it sucks at the end.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
HOly hell... 9 Movies?!?!?!? He's been one busy guy!

I think Cage is suited for these type of roles, it's more believing then his Con Air role.

Oh man I loved Con Air, I thought he was great in it. Thats probably one of my favorite Cage movies

the worst I've ever seen was this one he did early on in his career (way before Con Air) where he played this guy who thought he was a werewolf. Lmao, it was the stupidest shit ever but oddly enough because I knew it was Nicolas Cage.... I kept watching it :hah: