Know when you die?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was thinking about this the other day, if you had a chance to know at what age you would die if you could would you?

I'm still un-decided but I am leaning more on the side that I don't want to know.

It's a tough thing to decide in my opinion.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Nah, there are some things better left for the unknown. Me personally, I just try to live my life to the best I possibly can with what I'm given and what my abilities are. To me thats what life is all about, just being all you can be, nothing more nothing less.

And to me, knowing when you're time is up ruins that opportunity to be all you can be because you'll spend to much time worrying about what you're going to be (dead).

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

No because the closer it got to my death the more sad/stressed I'd be and I know I wouldn't enjoy life. I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself either and I wouldn't want to put my family/friends through that.

4. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I'll pass. Where I'd like to know I'm gonna live a long healthy life... I don't really want to know when I'm gonna kick the bucket. The anxiety leading up to it would be too much to bare.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

But isn't that would be the same case if you got Cancer or another deadly disease? You would know that the near was approaching so you would worry about it, and it would make your family and yourself sad/stressed about the whole ordeal.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

If I had a disease such as cancer I still wouldn't want to know the exact date I was going to die. There'd be no point in living because it'd just ruin the little time I had left even more. I'd want my family/friends to be around me without keeping their eyes on the clock.

7. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Not necessarily. I know I'm gonna die some day, I just don't know when. I'd like to keep it that way. If I got cancer... ya I know I'm gonna die sooner then later. That sooner could be 5 years or more. Who knows. I'd rather not know.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I think that'd be a serious battle to fight if you have a terminal illness such as cancer that you know without a doubt is going to kill you and how little time you have left.... It'd be way to easy to convince yourself "whats the point, I've only got a month left, why try". And that'd be way to depressing.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I would want to know if I was going to live till my 70s/80s/90s or whatever, that would be cool to find out. But if I'm going to die of something other than old age then I don't want to know about it.

10. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I would want to know what age I would die at. I hope that I don't live an extremely long life.