Know what makes the CM Punk / Jeff Hardy feud so great?

It doesn't involve Triple H, Batista, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Randy Orton, The Unertaker, Edge or Ric Flar. It's like as if those guys were in all the main events and held everyone else back for at least the past five years. Don't get me wrong, those are decent guys, it's just refreshing to see CM Punk, Jeff Hardy and possibly John Morrison running SmackDown!

I just hope they can keep it up and continue at this pace.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you, it's nice to see new faces getting a title push. Were use to seeing the guys you mentioned, but it's refreshing to see something different.

But with that being said, I wouldn't mind to see Edge as the champ most of the time, I enjoy him so much.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
Yeah, it's nice to see a fresh set of faces as main eventers. Although I wouldn't mind Jericho, Edge and maybe Shawn Michaels being the RAW "version" of this fued.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like it because its a "real" story and they are doing a great job in selling it to the audience. Punk is doing a better job but Hardy is holding his own.

Its like HBK/Jericho from last year. The heel tells the truth and for some reason the crowd still cheers the face. Lovin it.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
I think they took the belt off of Punk too soon though especially considering the fact it still isn't a lock that Jeff is staying.

I think they took the belt off of Punk too soon though especially considering the fact it still isn't a lock that Jeff is staying.
The good, or.. um, interesting thing is it'll most likly be a 3-way at Summerslam with Morrison vs Hardy vs Punk. From what's been happening lately it appears that it might very well happen. Oh yeah, and Punk said on SmackDown!:
That he's cashing in his re-match next week on SmackDown!. They could have easily set it up for Summerslam, but they didn't. Why? Hmm... I believe either Punk will get his title back OR Morrison will pop up during the match and have Punk lose thus causing the 3-way at Summerslam.
HMM!!

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think they did this so Hardy would extend his contract through Summerslam and they could continue the feud. If Punk won, Hardy leaves and there's no awesome story going into the PPV.

I think something will happen to make it a three way dance...unless Jeff is leaving and they need to get the belt off him