TV Know it all

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, May 2, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

In a lot of sitcoms you have at least one character that is a "Know it all"

In Saved by the Bell you have Screech
    In All in the Family you have Michael "Meathead" Stivic

The list goes on. Which one would be your favorite, and the most hilarious "Know it all"

For me it's Cliff Clavin from Cheers, in every episodes he liked to correct people, he gave definitions of different words everytime, he explained society. It was just so funny to listen to him. One of the most hilarious "Know it all" from him came in the episode where he was in Jeoperdy.

Here's a clip from it. So funny.

YouTube - Cliff Clavin on Jeopardy

2. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

I really hate to keep agreeing with you on every thread Babe Ruth but here we go again. Cliff Clavin is also my favorite know it all.

3. KarlW

KarlW Registered Member

A few (in order of appearance) would include:

Barney Fife (The Andy Griffith Show)
    Uncle Martin (My Favorite Martian)
    Detective Arthur Dietrich (Barney Miller)
    Sheldon (Big Bang Theory)

4. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

I love Sheldon's wordy speeches on Big Bang Theory!

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I have two that comes to mind. Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Aire and that little kid in My Wife and Kids.

6. Babe_Ruth

Oh man, cant believe I forgot to mention Carlton. I think he's my second favorite Know it All, just because the way he acted when he was being a smart ass. It was so funny.

Also Barney Fife is a good selection KarlW, he made me laugh on so many different occasions.

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Hmmm...my two favorites would be the same...Carlton Banks and Cliff Clavin. From the same show (Cheers) Diane was a know it all, but not near as hilarious as Cliff.

8. Babe_Ruth

I agree with you that Diane was a know it all, but I couldn't stand her. I think she was extremely annoying, and was very glad when she left the show and Kristy Alley replaced her.

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree. I much preferred Kirstie Alley over her. Normally when they replace characters I hate it, but I would have to say it was a good move.

10. KarlW

KarlW Registered Member

So often, Barney would pretend to be so knowledgeable (especially around
    Opie) ... when he really didn't have a clue as to what he was talking about! :lol: