Knitting

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by redsoxocd, Jul 5, 2008.

1. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

Does anyone here knit? I just started learning how to last sunday. In the past week I knitted a nice hat (i'll take a pic tomorrow and post it) and right now I am working on a baby blanket.

I've found this to be a ton a of fun, its relaxing, and I like it more than crocheting.

here is the blanket that I am knitting (but not with those colors):

Free Knitting Pattern: Terryspun Knit Ripple Afghan

if you dont knit, I would reccommend doing it. Once you get the hang of it, and it isnt so aggravating any more, it is really relaxing.

2. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

My grandma taught me how to knit when I was 10 years old I wanted to learn so I could knit my unborn sibling a pair of mittens.
    I enjoyed it very much and had knitted a few things since, these days I just don't do anything in my spare time except rest (and post)

3. sokar

sokar Registered Member

Yea, I used to knit. My grandma taught me.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It's one of the things I can't do. :lol: Someone told me I should learn it before I get really old.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I tried, I really did..I just can't sit still long enough to do it. It's not that complicated, but the investment of concentration required isn't in me.

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I learned in girl scouts but never really took to it. I was more of a cross stitcher than anything and I don't even do that now.

7. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I've been crocheting since I was 13, and have learned to knit a few simple projects, but then I started doing some quilting and prefer to do that over crocheting or knitting. Although Knyte wants me to make him a blanket, so I may have to give in and pull out the needles/hooks again.

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I was taught by this crazy german lady when I was younger.. I really loved it back then because I wanted to be like her, but now I don't remember how.. I tried again last winter, but I gave up I don't have the patience for it right now.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Shoot me if you must but I find it too boring. Sure it's nice what you come out with but I don't have the patience to knit anything.
    My gran can knit until the cows come home and she used to make me some jumpers when I was a kid.