Knicks Re-Sign Allan Houston

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

RealGM Staff Report -
    New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach Isiah Thomas announced on Wednesday that guard Allan Houston has been re-signed as a free agent after a two-season absence from the court.

"After much thought and prayer, I have decided to return to the NBA as a member of the New York Knicks . I have worked extremely hard in the last year and a half to accomplish my dream of playing in the NBA again," Houston said.

“After my wife and I were blessed with the birth of our fourth child last week, I realized that New York is where I am supposed to be, and the Knick uniform is the one I want to wear. I have seen the Garden in some of its best moments, and I truly believe that this team is on the verge of experiencing that again. This team is hungry and energetic. I hope to contribute in the weeks and months ahead.

“Thank you to all of the Knick fans and those that have supported me. I will always be a Knick, and I am committed to helping this team compete for a championship."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48466/20071010/knicks_re_sign_allan_houston/

2. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

oh boy, here we go! Good luck Allan!

3. Babe_Ruth

You already know my opinion on Allan Houston, but I'll state it again. I truly believe that he can help this Knick team. He can even be a starter, but will probably come off the bench at first. He's a former all-star. He will give the Knicks a lot of experience, and a player that can give you instant offense off the bench. The Knicks fans love him, for what he has done for this franchise. This is a good signing for the New York Knicks, and he will show that he can still play.

4. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

we'll see soon! I'll root for anyone who's coming back for the right reasons, such as Allan Houston, I truly believe he's coming back for his love of the game and not simply for his love of money...I don't expect much outta him, but will be pulling for him!

5. Babe_Ruth

There's no way that he's coming back for the money, he has enough of that. Like you said he's coming back for the good reasons and that's to play the game he loves, and what he knows best.

He's probably going to play his first game really soon, within the next seven days I believe. I don't think he's going to get a lot of minutes, because he hasn't played competetive ball in about two years now. So the Knicks will slowly give him more minutes.

Even though he's playing in a rival team to the Raptors, I'll be rooting for him as well.

6. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

He wont win a ring or anything he might not even make the playoffs but he will give the team leadership and experience. Which is something they desperately need with some of the young players they have.

7. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

As you guys mentioned, he willg ive the team leadership and examples of experience and veteranship.

With that said, do you actually think he's going to make that much of a difference on the court? He reached his summit years ago, for one. For two, instead of competing against the best players in the world last season, he took a year off (which may have been good for his body to rest; but again, he's not getting any ounger) and I'm wondering how long it will take him to get back to the pace of the game.

8. Babe_Ruth

I am not expecting to be the old Allan Houston where he averaged 18ppg and was one of the best outside shooters in the league, and the former all star. But I still think he has some basketball left in his body. Like I've mentioned many times he'll be a good role player, someone that comes off the bench and give you instant scoring. I'm sure he'll make the team, but what he does after should be interesting.