Knicks Made Offer For Webber

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Bergen Record - League sources have told Steve Adamek of the Bergen Record, the 76ers have approached the Knicks about a trade for Chris Webber, but weren't satisfied with Isiah Thomas' offer.

Quentin Richardson, who has $33.8 million over four seasons left on his contract and Maurice Taylor,whose $9.75 million contract expires after this season, were the starting points of the Knicks' offer.

Because of Webber's hefty salary, the Knicks would have to send additional pieces to Philadelphia.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41926/20060816/knicks_made_offer_for_webber/

2. Shabir

Shabir Guest

oh..the additation of Chris Webber would be pretty good for the Knicks in my opinion..if they get Chri, i can the ycan get better..but not play-offs stuill

3. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

hop[efully they make a better offer i want webber outta philly. but i wouldnt take quentin at all

4. eric

eric Guest

I honestly think Webber is headed to Detroit for Antonio McDyess, with Big Ben gone the Pistons have cap room and the ability to move Rasheed inside. It is no secret that Chris want to finish hiscareer in his hometown. I think this story has a way to go yet.

5. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

i doubt it why would phillytake mcdyess, unless his contract expires next year

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Chris Webber won't help the Knicks. They don't need another guy with a huge contract. Don't get me wrong Chris Webber will average you a Double Double during the whole season, but is talent is slowly declining. Should be interesting to see how this will finish.

7. eric

eric Guest

Yeah he's in his last year coming up.

8. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

ok then i hope it happens, sixers need to rebuild

9. Cool, I would like to see Webber in Detroit, although that contract is a freakin' Albatross.

He's like a poor man's (or rich man's that isn't as good as) Rasheed.

10. eric

eric Guest

Yeah but he may actually be invigorated in Detroit and with Chauncey and Rip at guards instead of AI, I think he will perform much better.