Knicks Cut Houston

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
New York Post -
The comeback of Allan Houston lasted one week and one game. The Knicks announced today that they will waive former the All-Star shooting guard.

In a press release handed out at the Knicks' open practice at Hofstra University yesterday, Houston said he decided to end his comeback, feeling it was unfair to the team because he needed more time to get into game shape than they Knicks had to give.

"I think it is better for the team to move on without me," Houston said in the release.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48648/20071020/knicks_cut_houston/

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow I am totally surprise, and I guess i'll take out my foot out my mouth lol. But I still think that he can help a team, I knew that the Knicks wasn't a good fit for him, because they already have tons of shooters, and Thomas only gave him a chance because they're good friends, and the Knick fans love him. I still think he'll play this season.

Z

Zanthrax54

Wow I am totally surprise, and I guess i'll take out my foot out my mouth lol. But I still think that he can help a team, I knew that the Knicks wasn't a good fit for him, because they already have tons of shooters, and Thomas only gave him a chance because they're good friends, and the Knick fans love him. I still think he'll play this season.

AHEM...hey Mr. MJ...didn't I tell you that he was too old and too brittle to do it anymore? Can I just get a lil tiny bit of credit on this one? :clap:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He stood no chance to make the Knicks, they already had 15 players under contract, he joined the Knicks a couple of weeks after the trainning camp started. He basically asked Isiah Thomas to be cut. I still have confidence in Houston, and I am sure that he will play once again in the NBA.

Z

Zanthrax54

He stood no chance to make the Knicks, they already had 15 players under contract, he joined the Knicks a couple of weeks after the trainning camp started. He basically asked Isiah Thomas to be cut. I still have confidence in Houston, and I am sure that he will play once again in the NBA.

LMAO! Now he stood no chance huh? Ok MJ, ok...:lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No your not getting what I am trying to say. If he made the team then yes I think he could of contributed to the Knicks, and if he started his come back before three weeks before the season started then yes I believe he would of made the Knicks, but having 15 players under contract, and the only reason why Thomas gave him a chance(even though Thomas would of never signed him) is because he was a legend with the New York Knicks.

He's not done.

Z

Zanthrax54

No your not getting what I am trying to say. If he made the team then yes I think he could of contributed to the Knicks, and if he started his come back before three weeks before the season started then yes I believe he would of made the Knicks, but having 15 players under contract, and the only reason why Thomas gave him a chance(even though Thomas would of never signed him) is because he was a legend with the New York Knicks.

He's not done.

haha, ok MJ...you say he's not done, and you've been sticking with that. I've been trying to tell ya he's washed up, FINISHED, KA-POOP!

He gets cut and you still stand behind your original claim!? GOD BLESS YA MJ! Your defense is that they had too many people under contract, my response? BIG WHOOP! If he's really going to help your team you sign him and cut someone else! ya know?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He didn't really get cut, he asked to be released because he knew that he didn't get a chance to make the team. I believe the only reason why he signed with the Knicks is because he wants to play for them, that's where his heart is, but like I said before he knew deep down he couldn't make the team.