Kizarny says the WWE would be better off with free mental health care

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nick Cvjetkovich (Kizarny), who started out with Edge and Christian on the Canadian indies, wrote a very interesting article saying that WWE would be better off offering free mental health care than free rehab to its former contract performers, believing mental health could have saved Chris Kanyon, Chris Benoit and Kerry Von Erich. “I have had countless conversations with wrestlers that have been released from WWE and some of the thoughts they shared were chilling. What they had contemplated was horrific. I will admit to having had a disturbing thought or two or three since my release from WWE. I truly love wrestling and have ever since I was a boy just like every other wrestler. I believe wrestling to be an impossible art for anyone who doesn’t truly love it. Other wrestlers sometimes pull rank and torture their own as a means to share their pain and experience in loving something that has eaten away at them over the years. I believe that sorrow would be of better use if heard by the ears of a professional psychiatrist instead of taking it out on themselves or on loved ones

Going through so many drastic highs and lows is hell on the brain and far outweigh the permanent physical injuries the wrestlers endure.” .

The Wrestling Observer
I think he makes valid points, and this would be a good thing for the WWE to implement. I believe him when he says the conversations he had with wrestlers after being released were mind boggling. For a lot of wrestlers this is there life, it's all they know to do and what they want to do. I wish I could actually listen to those conversations he had.

Thoughts?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Why not?

Any industry with such a heavy schedule and emotional impact not to mention drug abuse should have its doors open at all times for their employees.

Unity

Change the World
Staff member
Yeah appointments with a psychiatrist or psychologist would probably be more important in a lot of the cases he mentioned, and even in other tragic cases that haven't yet resulted in death.

Just another example of how mental health issues are put on the back burner in society...it would do Vince some good to heed this suggestion.