• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kissing on the first date?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you someone that kisses on the first date?

Most of the time I am, I hate it though because goodbyes are always awkward. That said, I always go in there for a smooch. If she doesn't want to then I look like an idiot, but it's all good I'll just apologize and that's the best thing you can do in my opinion.

The only time I won't do it is if I think the date itself went pretty bad.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Not a fan of hard and fast rules for dating. So I wouldn't say "I'd never kiss on the first date" or anything like that. If it went really well and felt right then I don't really see a reason not to. But likewise, I think it'd be kinda fun to wait, too. suspense. dun dun duuunnnnnnn

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think there's a right or a wrong. Something you should play by ear and how the date goes. A lot of the time you can kinda tell how it went and whether you should or not.

I've never had to make the choice though. The girlfriends I've had I was friends with first and hard to explain but yeah, haven't had to decide haha

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
lol Bex said hard and fast.

But I agree with her, it really depends on the person. If it's someone I've liked for a long time, then yeah I absolutely will kiss on the first date.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
The big issue I see with this is that somehow it's more appropriate for the younger ones to kiss on the first date cause you know, they are young but if you are in your 20s or 30s, there's obviously boundaries and limits that people have and you got to be careful not to step over it.

I've kissed on the first date when I was younger but if I ever broke up with my girlfriend and went on a date with someone else, I'd be more wary of their boundaries and I guess wait for a few more dates before making the move.

Elanor

Registered Member
For me, I would if it felt right. On a first date I have only ever done the kiss on the cheek. I think it also depends on how well you know the other person.

m1ssro

Registered Member
I would if it felt right, but there's no general rule or formula, just a moment...where everything falls into place and your lips meet in between....

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
No problem with kissing on the first date. It's usually a sign for me that it went well. The only time I didn't kiss after a first real date was when I was still a virgin. :lol: Kissing at that time felt like such a big thing. Then you discover stuff....haha.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have never kissed on a first date and not in the date after that one.
I can't say I'll never kiss on a first date but until now I haven't been a first-kiss-date.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
If I'm not friends with the girl beforehand and we know each other and things have been building, I usually wouldn't go for one on the first date. If she really shows that she wants a kiss, then it's fine with me. I'd probably want one if it went well, but I'm all about making the woman feel comfortable and respected.