• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kirk Cousins To Start Against Atlanta

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Finally, Mike Shanahan has decided to start Kirk Cousins. RG3 has been benched and rightfully so. Cousins is a better QB and will show it Sunday.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
RG3 should not play. I agree with the decision.

TRMD

Not much to really say at this point as a Redskins fan. Seems Shanny, Griff, and Snyder are caught up in a some kind of a di** measuring contest. Shanny wants to be fired and Dan wants him to quit. Griff is caught in the middle. It's a proper sh*tstorm.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Like TRMD mentioned, no need to talk about how rediculous this decision is. But do you guys truly believe this decision was to protect Robert Griffin III?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is NOT to protect RGIII, no chance in hell.

I am not surprised that Cousins is starting but I am surprised Grossman is the backup.

Shanahan is a goner.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
What if Cousins plays well…and wins?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
knickstape2107 said:
What if Cousins plays well…and wins?
He becomes trade bait down the road, I think

Unless Shanahan is still coaching...he'll probably ride with COusins until he's fired.

smh122

Registered Member
No good reason to play him now. They're officially out of the hunt. Atlanta should sit Matt Ryan as well. Nothing good can happen imo

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cousins has looked good on 2 plays against Baltimore and the game he started against Cleveland. He's looked like shit in his other three appearances (Atlanta last year; Denver and KC this year).

Unless he lights up over the final three games (he won't because his OL and receivers won't let him), he's certainly not going to be worth a 1st or 2nd rounder to anyone.

I'm sure the Rams are loving this. The Skins pick could be top 5.