Kirilenko Demands a Trade

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Veloci-T, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko has requested a trade.
    On his Russian blog, Kirilenko writes “I don’t see my future with the Utah Jazz team.” (roughly translated).
    Kirilenko is coming off a disappointing individual season but the Jazz were one of the year’s success stories parlaying a strong regular season into an impressive playoff run.
    Rumors recently leaked out that the Jazz were talking with the Phoenix Suns about trading Kirilenko for Shawn Marion. To date, nothing has come of the conversation . . . though there’s plenty of time for moves over the coming months.
    Kirilenko was just named EuroBasket MVP, a driving force behind the Russian upset over Spain to win the title. Upset with his role on the Jazz, Kirilenko doesn’t want his contract to be a burden for the team.
    Of course that’s the rub for the Jazz who owe Kirilenko some $63 million over the next four seasons. Despite his talent, he won’t be an easy player to move.
    That said, they aren’t going to dump him for inferior talent and last year contracts.
    More as it develops.

-HoopsWorld

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

What the-? This just contradicted my post in the other thread. So much for starting and ending in Utah.

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Maybe that Suns trade might go down, both players seem to be unhappy in their situations. AK can be successful in a fast break offense, and Marion can make a great transition to half-court style of play(even though they havent played that way since the 90's.)

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

AK-47 has been unhappy with Utah for a couple of seasons now. But I believe the Jazz have been unhappy with him as well, he's been injured a lot in the last couple of seasons. He has shown lots of potential but hasn't broke out yet. I believe a new team would do good for both parts(AK-47 and the Utah Jazz.)

5. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

how can he be unhappy making THAT much money on an up and coming team? I don't get it.

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

When you have that much money, the next thing you want is stardom, and I guess Marion feels that he is underapperciated in Phoenix.

7. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

But how? He's been an all-star how many years now? I think he just realizes that Phoenix will never have the defense to win the Championship and Jerry Sloan preaches D first and offense second.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Salt Lake Tribune -
    Is Andrei Kirilenko ready to walk away from the Utah Jazz ?

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Andrei Kirilenko said in an interview with a Russian newspaper published Thursday that he is willing to walk away from the $63 million left on his contract with the Utah Jazz .

"I am prepared to go without it,'' Kirilenko told the Sport Express newspaper. "This is a lot of money, even for an NBA club. So what. Maybe this money could go to pay for more players or for something else.

"I have never been unfair and I don't want to enjoy something that I don't deserve. Big money is obviously good, but I am prepared to make less. The size of my salary doesn't mean that much for me. The main thing is to play with a spark."

The interview is available at www.sport-express.ru and was translated from Russian by a Salt Lake Tribune staff member.

Even Kirilenko admits the chances of voiding the contract are small, and the Jazz expect him to report for training camp by Oct. 1.

It is the second time in three days Kirilenko has voiced his desire to move on, this time saying, "I am ready for anything. I just need to leave Utah Jazz ." He said he is willing to be traded to any team, even one with a lackluster cast of coach and players.

"The only thing I'm not prepared for is if I'm told, 'Andrei, we want you to stay anyway,'" Kirilenko said. "I'm sure then the next season would be a repetition of the previous one, and what will the fans say then? How could you possibly rely on a player who wants to leave?"

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...lenko_prepared_to_walk_away_from_$63_million/

9. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Prepared to walk away from 63 million thats a big decision to make, why is he doubting his own abilities im my opinion he's worth what he's being paid I think he is the NBA best five tool player he can do it all on the court. He just needs is to be more envolved in the in the offense because his defense has always been top notch.

10. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

I only look on Lakers news so right now, it says, Lamar for the AK might go down, but of course, its only a rumor