• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 2 Kingdom Hearts?

dDave

V.I.P.
I've had a couple of friends telling me that I should get Kingdom Hearts I and II. I happen to have the advantage of already having a PS2 and everything needed to play these games.

So just give me a quick assessment. Are these titles worth it? I've seen commercials for these games and whatnot, I've never played one though and really don't know much about the series.

I found the first one for as low as $10 on eBay.

Thoughts?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Get it. Also check half.com as well for pricing. It's owned by ebay and sometimes has better prices with no bidding.

When my ex lived with me, he had a backwards compatible PS3 and the only thing I ever played on it was kingdom hearts. Good story, and can be challenging.

Get it.

dDave

V.I.P.
Looks like I can get one in very good condition for less than $15.

Question: Is there any difference between the different versions of the games? (there's a greatest hits version and the regular version) I know the saves aren't compatible but I want to know if that's it.

Looks like a lot of fun incorporating Disney characters into this game!

Iris

rainbow 11!
I have no idea what the difference is. I don't think there is considering they didnt have DLC back then. But yeah, I LOVE this series. It's my first or second favorite.

dDave

V.I.P.
Well here we go. (my gamers resolution list is never gonna get finished this year :lol:)

I just ordered Kingdom Hearts AND Kingdom Hearts 2 both brand new and factory sealed for PS2 for $30. Not a bad price at all :)

Hopefully I like this series. I've never heard anyone say they hated these games so I have high hopes for this.

Iris

rainbow 11!
the only thing you will hate is that the third isn't out and that they have games exclusive for psp and then other games for the ds

dDave

V.I.P.
Well I actually have a DS. If I like it then I can take comfort in knowing that I have plenty of titles in this series that I can play.

Looking forward to playing this series though! :)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I played the first one back on my old PS2 and loved it. I never got around to trying the second one.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I think there are two d's exclusives and then a psp exclusive.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hmm, now that I have a 3DS and a PSVita I might actually be able to play some of them. Sometimes PSP games are released on the Vita in the PSN store.