PlayStation 2 Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

Any one else heard about this game? It snuck up on me about a week or so ago. For those of you who don't know, Square Enix made a Kingdom Hearts game for the GBA called 'Chain of Memories' that takes place between KH I and KH II. Well, they apparently decided to remake the game and give it a PS2 graphical upgrade so people without GBAs or people who just missed it have a chance to get the story. I picked it up earlier today for $30 brand new and I'm about two hours into it.

If you havent played the GBA version, this is a pretty drastic change in pace from the other two PS2 Kingdom Hearts games. The fighting system uses a 'card battle' system that takes a bit to get used to. It's not like the other KH games where you could just mash X and beat the game. It requires a bit of strategy and timing. I've gotten used to it a bit and I don't find the system that bad at all.

If there are any Kingdom Heards fans out there that have a spare $30 lying around and some time to kill, I would say give it a shot.

No for me. I was mislead into thinking that it was like the PS2 versions, instead, I saw screenshots of an upgraded GBA version. Not saying that graphics are everything, but the Kingdom Hearts series got me sucked in with what they stuck to and not downgrading into something like KH RE: CM.

I would instead prefer a PS2/3-like version instead of just an upgraded GBA version.

For now, I'll skip it.

Also, did this game get ABSOLUTELY NO advertising or what. The only way I found out about this game was by looking at another board and stumbled a pond KH RE: CM being in the Top 10 for PS2. I was like "Huh!?" and almost purchased it until I found out that it was just an upgraded GBA version. Why no advertising, Square? Why!?

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
The GBA game kind of pissed me off because it was just so lame. There needs to be a term for when a game series makes a radical change into a card game, it happens at least twice a year it seems.