King of the Ring - Will it return in 2010?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

So Millz and I were laughing at the Elimination chamber because Regal's titantron still boasts "King of the Ring 2008."

Personally, I've always loved the tourney and thought that the winner had a great title to boast with in the coming year. I don't know why the hell Vinnie Mac left it out of 2009 after JUST restarting it. It deserves a place in the WWE that keeps changing historical names (of PPVs, for example).

Do you think King of the Ring will return to one of the shows this year? Why or why not? Would you like it to? Why or why not? And, who do you think would be a good potential winner if it were to return?

Discuss.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Well they announced the new PPV lineup and its nowhere to be seen so if it does happen there won't be a PPV named after it. Unless they scrap the Money in the Bank PPV...which I dont get why they have.

I'd bring it back; God knows I love tournaments. It can be used as a little way to get someone over and create new talent.

3. Unity

Well my thought was that they'd bring back the tourney on RAW or SD, not the PPV. I know that wouldn't happen in a million years. :sigh:

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Its been a long time since the tournament was on PPV...looks like the last one was in 2002.

But yeah, have it on RAW or Smackdown. They have plenty of TV in a given week to do it.

Oh and have John Morrison win it.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well one of the reasons why it was scrapped on Pay Per View was because the buy rates weren't there. People got tired of the idea so they didn't buy it.

Personally I've always loved the KOTR, Bret Hart is the only two time champion, it helps boost the careers of upcoming stars. It started the 3:16 era when Austin won by defeating Jake the Snake.

I doubt we'll ever see it on a Pay Per View again, but we might see it on Raw. But I think it's stupid to hold it on Raw.

6. Unity

Lord knows it would be a much better PPV than some of the ones they've listed for this year....

7. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i'd definitely bring it back...i always loved the king of the ring tournament.......

booker t as king booker....some people hated it whilst i loved it...

like has been mentioned its an easy way to get someone over