King Felix

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I believe that he's now one of the best pitchers in the Major Leagues, I know the season is still young, but he has two starts, and his numbers are incredible 17 scoreless innings and struck out 18 batters so far. The kid is only 21 years old, and his last game he only gave one hit to the Red Soxs, and people say they have one of the best line ups in the league. He's going to be a special kid, he lost 25lbs from last season and he's just spectacular so far.

Thoughts

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I never got a chance to check much of his work out thus far in his career but from what I've herd he sounds like he is going to become an excellent pitcher and if can keep this up well then soon enough he'll be among the best of today. Any pitcher that can allow the Bo Sox to only 1 hit is a winner in my mind.

3. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

After investing so much love in Kerry Wood when he was that age, I've become cautious about doing it again in a pitcher under 22 years of age. Last year Lyriano was all the rage and look what happened to him.

Hoosier.

4. Babe_Ruth

Yeah, but Woods injury is because of the Cubs, they made him pitch to much for such a young age. To never know if a pitcher is going to have arm problems it can happen at anytime, but so far this guy doesn't seem to have problems with his arm. But I know the year is still young but I believe this guy will be a Cy Young contender. I am just hopeful that the Mariners don't overwork him.

5. NY Jay

NY Jay Guest

He pretty much stole the show during Dice-K's Fenway Park debut the other night.

6. blenderboy55

blenderboy55 Guest

Um, he's had a great start to the season, but he's only 21, like you said. It's a little too soon.

And the Red Sox don't have the best lineup in the league :)

Great point. Of course, Wood's injuries are also due to crappy managin, like MJ said.

And I'm glad!

7. Babe_Ruth

I know the season is still young, and he's very young himself, but you have to be impress by his two starts, pitching 17 scoreless innings is impressive especially one was a one hitter against the Red Sox.

I am not saying this kid is the next Roger Clemens but he has lot of up side, and he's only going to get better, he has five pitches which is amazing, and he has control of his five pitches. He's often compare to Dwight Gooden, and Gooden was a great pitcher, especilly at 21 and Dwight only had 3 pitches back then, so it's saying something.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I agree with the comments about him being very young and the overworking. Let's hope they give him time to flourish.

Only a retard would think they don't have one of the top lineups in the game however. Probably not best, but incredible nonetheless.

9. blenderboy55

blenderboy55 Guest

Well thank you for not flaming and name calling!

Is it a good lineup? Yes. Is it (obviously when healthy) in the top three? Sure. But best? No. I can think of at least one team with a better lineup (when healthy).

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I wasn't flaming you because I didn't assume you thought they didn't have one of the better lineups. But thanks for understanding.