• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kindergarten Graduation...

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
iggyshotthebear said:
Not only is it honor roll, but Kindergarten is now part of the 'permanent' record. I was in freakin shock. I think its alot of stress to put on a kid and to be honest the parents too!
OK, well, don't get too worked up on this "permanent record" crap. Everyone knows she won't get into harvard if she doesn't get her multiplication tables memorized by second grade :p LOL.

I have a son going into High school next year. He has learning disabilities and has a hard time memorizing things... he sometime still uses a multiplication chart, and is allowed to use a calculator since like 3rd grade. (not for memorizing charts and such).

Is this your first kid going through school? If so, you'll have to like, cut back on coffee or something cuz you'll go insane. LOL. I *HATE* our school system. It's wonderful if your kid is: a.) smart b.)popular and/or c.)rich. if your kid has problems in any of these areas, they don't give a crap.

Doesn't help that I'm not a "lamb" parent. I don't do as they expect me to, without questioning every single step. "why?" "What for?" "Who says he has to?".

LOL.
Grrr.

Wish there was a decent private school here, that I coudl afford!

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
fairyquadmother said:
. Everyone knows she won't get into harvard if she doesn't get her multiplication tables memorized by second grade :p LOL.

Is this your first kid going through school?
HARVARD?! WHA?! Ok I know Im supposed to have high expectations for my kids n stuff but would it be bad to hope that she doesnt want to go there? $$$CHA CHING$$$ I'm just now to the point where I can go to college and afford it. (Ok, so its a technical school but it counts!)

Yeah, Chrysta is my first one through school. I havent joined the PTA or anything but I definetly question the hell outta the school and the teachers.. Im the parent that the teacher tries to hide from in the grocery store lol
"Oh no there's Chrysta's mom... RUUUUNNNNN" hehehehhee