• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kindergarten Graduation...

Nanner

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:
I dotn want to see my baby grow up either!! I was just thinking this morning how a year just flew by and next year he'll be almost five!!! (he's three now, will be four on halloween) I dont want to even think about him growing up and moving away!! sniff sniff

Wow ours are pretty close. She'll be 4 late November. (sometimes Bday falls ON Thanksgiving) Just a month apart. Only a week away from 3 1/2!!!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Okay, I came into the conversation late, but congratulations on your daughters kindergarten achievements! Yes, they do grow up amazingly fast! It seems just yesterday my oldest was wearing her cute little kindergarten cardboard grad cap, and last week she started her first job...*sigh, sob, wipe my eyes*. I hate to sound like a cliche, but too bad I'm going to say it anyways...enjoy every moment, every laugh, every tear, and yes even the arguments!!! Yeah, graduations, summers almost here!

Nanner

Registered Member
iggyshotthebear said:
Kindergarten is what first grade used to be ... what we think of first grade.

Mid-year Chrysta came home with multiplication tables... that SCARED ME!
They expect the kids to come into 1st grade reading and writing legibly. Its been a rough year for me... There have been times when I just sat in shock at the projects she brought home.

Not only is it honor roll, but Kindergarten is now part of the 'permanent' record. I was in freakin shock. I think its alot of stress to put on a kid and to be honest the parents too!

It scares the hell out of me what these little tiny people are expected to know at such a young age now! Sure, mine was early learning the alphabet (both by sight and saying it....although NOBODY told me not to teach capital letters first....opps) and numbers but she's since kinda stopped learning in that way. Most of it she just picked up herself.....I just nudged her along when needed. (who says TV isn't educational :)) She can sort of write her name but you have to know it to have a clue what it says :) MULTIPLICATION TABLES???? I can't get mine to poop on the potty yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (she plays a mean air guitar though and knows most of the Disney characters....priorities ya know :D)

What ever happened to little kids getting to be little kids? What's the hurry?

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Nanner said:
Wow ours are pretty close. She'll be 4 late November. (sometimes Bday falls ON Thanksgiving) Just a month apart. Only a week away from 3 1/2!!!

Does your daughter ask you a million questions? Paxton drives me NUTs asking me one qusetion after another!! Example

Where's Kayla?
She's at Andrea's
Why is she ober dere?
Because she wants to be
Is anbea combing to our house?
I dont know, maybe
Mama?
What Paxton
Where are the cows?
Sleeping
Why are they seeping?
Because they are tired
When they get up will they eat grass?
Yes Paxton
I like grass!
You DO!??
Ghess
LOL LOL LOL!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Msbabedoll said:
Does your daughter ask you a million questions? Paxton drives me NUTs asking me one qusetion after another!! Example

Where's Kayla?
She's at Andrea's
Why is she ober dere?
Because she wants to be
I dont know, maybe
Mama?
What Paxton
Where are the cows?
Sleeping
Why are they seeping?
Because they are tired
Yes Paxton
I like grass!
You DO!??
Ghess
Sure it's cute now, here's a coversation with my 15 year old...
Hey mom?
What
Can I go to the mall?
Is your homework done?
I'll do it when I get back
No, do it now!
WHYYYYYY???
Because that's the rule that's why!!!
That's just stupid!!! You never let me do anything!
Go do your homework!
I hate it here!!! I can't wait to move out!
Yeah well, you still have to do the homework!
UGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
LOL yeah well Angelspeak, I get that TOO! My daughter is 13!! I imagine we'll have a pouting session tonight, because I let her go to a concert last night with a friend and spend the night at her house. Tonight Scott and I and some friends are going to the movies.....I will need Kayla to babysit. She's gonna wanna go to this end of school party, thing is there is one tonight AND one tomorrow night. I'm gonna let her go to the one tommorrow night, but tonight is MY night!!

Nanner

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:

Where's Kayla?
She's at Andrea's
Why is she ober dere?
Because she wants to be
I dont know, maybe
Mama?
What Paxton
Where are the cows?
Sleeping
Why are they seeping?
Because they are tired
Yes Paxton
I like grass!
You DO!??
Ghess

Oh yeah! And my personal favorite....."What are you doing"? This is asked at least 4,000,000 times a day. Even when I'm eating, watching TV, playing with her etc. So I make up really crazy answers just to play with her head :D She usually catches me though. She knows I'm not Handgliding in Austrailia when I'm eating lunch :)

A conversation yesterday out of the blue: (caution BOOBIES mentioned :lol:)

"where are Mommy's boobies"?
"My boobies"??????
"Mommy's boobies"
"Ahhh right here"
"Oh, ok......(my camera was sitting near here) Can 'wivia (Olivia) take a picture of Mommy's boobies"
"Ahhh no I don't think so......we don't want a picture of Mommy's boobies"!!!

angelspeak said:
Hey mom?
What
Can I go to the mall?
Is your homework done?
No, do it now!
WHYYYYYY???
Go do your homework!
UGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Yeah I know it's coming. On the plus side a 15 yr old will be able to appreciate my sarcasim much better than a 3 yr old :D I think I need to start saving now for my kids therapy.

Last edited:

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
LMAO Nanner! Dont you ever wonder if THEY are playing with OUR minds with some of those questions they ask!!??? LOL TOo funny!!

1_ares_1

Registered Member
angelspeak said:
Hey mom?
What
Can I go to the mall?
Is your homework done?
No, do it now!
WHYYYYYY???
Go do your homework!
UGHHHHH!!!!!!!
You forgot the "you're ruining my life!" part...hahahhaha!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
1_ares_1 said:
You forgot the "you're ruining my life!" part...hahahhaha!
LOL...I actually have that phrase permanantly blocked from my brain...not only does my 15 year old throw it at me all the time, but so does my 8 & 9 year olds! Oh the power we moms wield!!!!