PlayStation 3 Killzone 2

Ryuk

Registered Member
So I just rented this one (still trying to rent a copy of SF4 before I pick it up). Admittedly I've never been a huge fan of the FPS in the here and now because I feel as a genre it's become a little excessive for lack of a better term. People always find that funny since I'm such a huge Metal Gear Solid fan yet that's a different beast, but on the other hand the last three games I've picked up were Haze, Mirrors Edge and Resistance 2. Along with playing both Gears Of War with my roomate and coming to terms with the fact that Resident Evil 5 seems like it's going to further incorporate FPS elements to it, I guess I'm caving.

So far I'm only one level in and I'm incredibly impressed, I'm glad that like Gears there's another game that really utilizes the element of cover/cover fire. And I seem to say this of every game now but the visuals are just remarkable.

Pretty good, yeah.. :D

There's a point in the game where you come up on a battle going on down a storm- drain under a bridge. I just stood there and watched.. Huge area, loads of soliders moving ahead in squad- movement, advancing, getting into cover, etc.. Amazing.

Prophet_Of_Rage

Registered Member
Killzone 2 is the reason im buying a ps3 soon, I played it for a few hours at mates place, online and offline, really makes my 360 collection,the FPS part of it atleast look dull, Killzone 2 is THE game for me this year, can't wait to own a copy myself.

teron

Registered Member
Killzone 2 is the reason im buying a ps3 soon, I played it for a few hours at mates place, online and offline, really makes my 360 collection,the FPS part of it atleast look dull, Killzone 2 is THE game for me this year, can't wait to own a copy myself.
While I agree its a fantastic game, I wouldnt have bought my PS3 just for Killzone 2. But hey, glad you like it. :D

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I have been waiting for this game for a long time, and now that it is out I cant get it at the moment :(

I will be getting it as soon as I get home :)

I personally bought my PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4. There is no better game on console than the MGS series. I loved ALL those games.

Anyway, I bought Killzone 2 not too long ago, and although I did enjoy the nice graphics and the feel of the game, I was tremendously angered when I found I couldn't play multiplayer with my mates and its becoming a common occurance for the next gen consoles and I don't understand why at all. :confused:

Seriously, why the hell do they give you the option to have multiple controllers for these machines if you can only play multiplayer via the internet? Where did the good old days of having a couple of mates over and playing on the one console go? :shifteyes:

I liked Killzone 2 though, but I've only tried single player so far.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I have considered buying it after watching reviews and hearing how awesome it's supposed to be. I just need to scrounge up the $60 in order to buy it which may not happen until next week.

Would anyone want to do some multiplayer when I get it and help me learn?

Dopey

Registered Member
Killzone 2. Such an amazing game.
Graphic wise, this is by far, one of the most beautiful games out there, on PS3. And I'm not just talking about how 'high poly' everything is, but also the looks of every structure, every weapon, every unit and every vehicle. The whole 'feel' of the game, is just outstanding if you ask me. A dark, grim world, that actually really feels, like a dark, grim world. Death behind every corner, and you could almost smell the decaying bodies everywhere. Just amazing.

Story wise, this game is great. Though I won't really get into that, since not everyone here played it yet. But I can say, that I'm seriously looking forward to part 3. I'm pretty stocked about it, though it'll take some time till its released.

Multiplayer. Just insane. Its just a load of insanity, packed on a screen. Its not the fastest action you'll see (like in Unreal Tournament for instance), but hot damn this action is good. Bullets flying, explosions everywhere. And in the far distance, you can just see those orange illuminating eyes, running towards you. Just so, so awesome. Great weapons to.

This is definitely one of those games, I'd buy a console for. Definitely.