• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Killing Rampage at Virginia Tech

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is truly a very sad day. At least 33 people were shot and killed at Virginia Tech today with another 21 reported injured.

FOXNews.com - Virginia Tech Campus Reels From Shooting That Leaves at Least 33 Dead - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I have heard mixed reports on the news and in articles that the gunman was in custody, or also that a shooter was killed. It seems there may have been more than one gunman. It seems that at least one was in custody and one was killed by police officers.

Police have not discovered any motives yet but the gunman or gunmen apparently had several clips of ammunition, making it seem like this was premeditated mass murder.

My heart truly goes out to the families and friends of the victims. There is no excuse for this act and it's hard to find words to describe just how angry it makes me to hear about this. It is also the anniversary month of the Columbine shootings in Colorado.

Christiangamer

Registered Member
This is sick and wrong yes. Why so many people must killed for no reason is barbaric and unexsplainable. But we must look to the reason of this, why would someone do this? This is my oppion the student that did this must have been taken down so many times by our tough society that he just wanted to let it out and kill everyone. Or may be he just wanted to kill which is just to wrong to think about. My heart goes out to these family and the students too, some of them don't even know if their freinds are alive.:(

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It is also the anniversary month of the Columbine shootings in Colorado.
Columbine was on my birthday, 4/20.

This guy must have been influenced by video games. There's just no other explanation for it. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, what a tragic event. I don't understand how anyone can be so sick.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Actually, my own grandmother blamed it on video games.

33 people dead, it's a shame.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
All the video games in the world will not make someone pick up a gun and go on a killing rampage.
Many kids are picked on in their formitive years, and grow into "normal" members of society.
Anyone who does something this devastatingly destructive has a mental disorder, something lacking upstairs, otherwise we'd all be ticking timebombs being provoked into violence by everyday living.
I'm not getting on a soapbox here (just stating an opinion supported by facts) I just hate seeing something so monumental being blamed on video games. :shake:

Dragon

V.I.P.
Such a sad day. I was just watching the news and they were saying how the people in the building were trying to help other people escape and were killed in the process. Listening to the gun shots was really awful. I had a friend who lives in Virginia and I wasn't sure if she went to that college but she is alright.

I wish that we can live in a peaceful world and that there was no violence ever. If this guy had problems, I'm sure there was someone that would take the time to listen to him and offer him some help.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Dragon

V.I.P.
Me and my brother was at my friend's friends house and my friend's friend came in the room with a gun and I told my brother that we got to get out of here. Unloaded or not, I am just not comfortable seeing a real gun cause on the news, alot of people got killed just from someone showing them a gun.

I just saw the video on CNN. and it was just sickening.

mastermesiah235

Re: Rampage at Virginia Tech

yeah i know how ya feel i haven't seen something this bad since that kid killed himeself at my school.:shake:

gabsmom123

Re: Rampage at Virginia Tech

I just don't know how to feel about this one. I remember when I was growing up and my grandparents would talk about events in history that they remember taking place and I thought to myself that would not happen in my time and now look at all the things that have happened, from columbine, 9-11, and now this. We have really just got to pray and hope that all of this will just stop.