Kids hang and kill kitten, cops blame video games

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Merc, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Source: Crime: Boys Hang Kitten With Game Controller, Sheriff Blames GTA

You know I don't know, maybe these kids are, oh what is the medical term . . .

Mentally skull-fucked?

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm sick of everyone going straight to saying it was GTA or any other violent game's that made kids do things that they do, maybe they have some metal issues or whatever.

For the record I played a lot of violent games as a child and I turned out fine, didn't do anything that bad when I was little, and im fine to this day.

3. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Why don't people pick on that Manhunter game for once?

I recall reading that, at one point in the latest in the series, you are given the option to brutally squish a man's testicles before you kill him.....

You don't see that in GTA (you don't see kitten-murder either).

Frankly, I'd go so far as to say that the people who let the kids (or the parents) off scot-free because of their age are just as sick as those kids.

What bloody parent buys GTA for a six year-old, anyways??!!

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

First it was music, then it was television and now its video games. Parents need to take the responsibility in all this if you ask me.

5. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

It's parents not teaching kids between right and wrong. My dad never sheltered me as a child, but he told me what was right and what was wrong.

6. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

We should all just blame Stephen Lynch

I must say, though, that I always found the kitten hanging mini-game in GTA to be one of the weaker ones.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Blaming a video game is too easy and just simplies the issue instead of helping to address the real deeper problem. I hope the kids get a proper assessment and counseling.

Anybody else read the comments?
    "I remember the other day I played some GTA and then went out and beat a bear to death with my Xbox." :lol:

8. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

It seems quite reasonable that GTA did influence the kids. But since GTA isn't supposed to be played by little kids, nobody cares.

9. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Ditto...a little twisted but fine overall.

I read a while ago about a guy who went out and raped (probably murdered as well) several women, police said he did it after playing GTA and probably blamed the game. The guy must have had some serious issues and GTA might have been an influence but it's all down to the person.

Someone needs to be charged for that though, if not the kids then the parents.

10. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Gta is rated M for a reason. THE PARENTS ARE DUMBSHITS! Blame them. Little children are more influenced by anyone by their sources of entertainment. They absorb. Which is why violence should not be entrusted to kids until they realize they arnt supposed to replicate their games in real life.