Kids and Queers

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Ant On A Log, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

So...do you want queers having kids?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Most parents suck at their jobs anyways. Gay people have lower divorce rates so one would assume they'd love each other more. So why wouldn't they love their children just as much? Not to mention, who gives a shit if the parents are gay/lesbian?

3. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

i dont think they should. it really isnt fair to kid, they may be more forced into that lifestyle, they will be picked on and bullied non stop

4. Merc

That's really shallow of you to say, Shawn. So obviously, because the parents are gay/lesbian, the kid is going to be, right? So parents also shouldn't have kids with glasses because they'll get picked on too? How about short or fat kids? We should just wipe them all out, eh?

5. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

you dont when your going to be short or fat, or wear glasses, which arent a big deal anyway. i know a kid who almsot killed himself he was picked on so much b/c his parents are gay

6. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

There isn't much in terms of evidence that gay couples raise gay kids. If anything, they may help raise more tolerant children than straight couples.

I think that allowing gay couples to adopt kids means that people can choose a partner that they feel natural with, regardless of gender, and are more compatible with. If anything, it might help lower domestic violence.

7. Merc

Not to mention, what if straight parents raise gay children? Surely that's never happened before . . . .

8. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

Finally, someone I can disagree with here.

What lifestyle? You mean a gay lifestyle? How does that pan out? Just because my parents do something doesn't mean I automatically do it. My mom works with horses and I couldn't give two shits about them. My father is an artist, but I can't draw worth a shit. It isn't like gay parents force their kids to act a certain way. In fact, they don't act any different than straight parents. Believe me, I know. One of my best friends has 2 moms. It's fucking great, too.

Huh? Like I said, my friends 2 moms are two of the coolest people in the world. He doesn't get picked on at all. In fact, the issue is never brought up.
    Secondly, would you pick on someone just because their parents were gay? I didn't think so. Why would any other Joe Schmoe out there waste his/her time doing the same?
    Third, we all get picked on for some reason or another. Even if this kid does get picked on because of their parents, they'll move the fuck on. I got picked on because my parents were too poor to buy me clothes and I had to wear hand-me-downs, I got over it.

Being gay is not a crime and it isn't a bad thing. It doesn't automatically make you a bad person and it sure as fuck doesn't stop you from being a good parent.

I know a family situation like this, too. The kid actually came out and I was the first person he told. Anyway, he suffered more anxiety over it than the kid I know who has gay parents.

9. Merc

Yeah and I know someone who almost committed because she hated herself. What kind of credibility does your statement have now? You just seem insecure to me Shawn. I have a few gay and lesbian friends, probably more than you, and I've watched their struggles. They're afraid their parents will disown them, toss them out of the house and want nothing to do with them. They're strong enough to not give a shit what a bunch of homophobic kids think about them.

This comes down to parenting again, I think. Parents need to teach their kids to be strong and ignore teasing because a lot of kids can't handle it. They're not taught to just laugh back and shrug it off. I had major problems being teased when I was younger, except there was no reason. I was just that annonymously chosen kid that everyone seemed to pick on. I had to deal with that. If I had chosen to kill myself everytime I felt like shit, I would most certainly be dead now.

10. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Well I can kind of see what Shawnesty is saying here, it would have to be embarassing to have gay parents, because you wouldn't think you were normal. I mean I would be embarassed if my parents were gay.