• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kid Rock’s use of Confederate flag sparks NAACP boycott

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Kid Rock’s use of Confederate flag sparks NAACP boycott - Yahoo! News

It is maybe that I need further history lesson in the American Civil war, but from what I know of it, the southern or confederate's fought over States rights. I am not sure I see how this flag translates into a violation of civil rights or bigotry.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Well the first problem isnt with Kid Rock or the Confederate Flag.

its with the NAACP. You could run a single Google Search and find the last 10 things they did.... and I'd promise you at least 8 out of the 10 were very miniscule nit-picking things.

I mean hell I remember when they demanded Hall Mark recall all of their Audio Cards that were Outer Space themed because in the Audio Recording it made mention of "Black Holes" and they felt it was a direct derogatory shot at "Black Hoes".

NAACP is full of witch hunters looking for their 5 seconds of Fame and Spotlight. I have very little respect for them especially in the past few years.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
So many lols from these guys! The racist NAACP is being protested by the perpetually offended minority from their own ranks that have nothing better to do with their time than brand somebody racist because of a flag at a rap/rock concert. Could you try any harder to get your FACE in front of a camera?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The funniest thing about this is boycott means they will not be financially supporting a business or event. Has an African-American person ever attended a Kid Rock event? I think you have to be paste white and missing a few teeth (which I am on both accounts) before they'll let you through the gates of a Kid Rock show.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
The funniest thing about this is boycott means they will not be financially supporting a business or event. Has an African-American person ever attended a Kid Rock event? I think you have to be paste white and missing a few teeth (which I am on both accounts) before they'll let you through the gates of a Kid Rock show.
Hahaha, do you know Kid Rock started out as a rapper? I have seen him play at bars and met him a few times before he got big time. IMHO He was much better back then.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Ilus, displaying the Confederate flag is controversial, because it is used as a symbol by certain groups such as the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis, and The Aryan Nation. It represents different things to different people.

I suspect that the NAACP probably would not have made an issue about Kid Rock using the Confederate Flag had they not been planning on giving him the Great Expectations award at their annual dinner in May.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Ilus, displaying the Confederate flag is controversial, because it is used as a symbol by certain groups such as the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis, and The Aryan Nation. It represents different things to different people.

I suspect that the NAACP probably would not have made an issue about Kid Rock using the Confederate Flag had they not been planning on giving him the Great Expectations award at their annual dinner in May.
What the hell? This story gets stranger than I thought. The Detroit NAACP is the one giving Kid Rock the award? At least you can't say the Detroit chapter is racist because they seem to like KR. Or maybe they are racist, because they like him? Confusing..

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
What the hell? This story gets stranger than I thought. The Detroit NAACP is the one giving Kid Rock the award? At least you can't say the Detroit chapter is racist because they seem to like KR. Or maybe they are racist, because they like him? Confusing..
Them giving KR that award has to do with what he has done for the image and/or spirit of Detroit. Something like that. Hometown hero and all that junk.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Them giving KR that award has to do with what he has done for the image and/or spirit of Detroit. Something like that. Hometown hero and all that junk.
Props to Detroit NAACP. I respect them for being color-blind with their awards.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Yes MiT, the protest is against the NAACP because they are giving an honor to kis rock. Some think that because he displays the flag at his concert he does not deserve to be honored by the NAACP.