• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kicking the caffeine habit.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I refuse to kick my caffeine habit! I know that many people have broken their lifelong bond to this wonderful drug but I simply cannot. My day is not complete unless I have at least one or two caffeinated drinks for a quick energy boost. They help big time when I need to stay awake with the baby, want to get a few extra posts in on GF, or need to finish one more show.

Did anyone else quit caffeine? Anyone else refuse to?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not going to give it up. If I didn't have a cup of coffee or two in the morning I couldn't get going. I'm sure I could cut back on it but give it up entirely is not going to happen.

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't really have much of a habit to kick, I don't drink coffee and soda is pretty rare. The only way I get caffeine is through iced tea and I've been drinking a lot of it lately.

I've never really felt the effects of caffeine before, I can have a load of soda about 10 minutes before going to bed and I don't even feel it. (don't feel the sugar either until I have WAY too much of it)

That being said, my professors keep telling me that caffeine is the most popular drug in America.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I refuse to. I drink copious amounts of coffee throughout the day. I love the boost it gives me and I love the taste of coffee. I read different studies on the effects of coffee, some positive, some negative, but in the end nothing can convince me to quit or scale back, I love coffee and the caffeine it provides.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'll never quit it completely, but I definitely don't have a habit. I like to have a mocha each weekend, but I don't have them each day.
I used to despise coffee, but it's grown on me this past year.

Elanor

Registered Member
I love coffee and tea way too much to stop drinking them, and I refuse to drink caffeine free, it just doesn't feel right. I need 2 cups of coffee in the morning, one before I leave for work and then one when I get there. It is just part of my routine now, and I like routine.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Did anyone else quit caffeine? Anyone else refuse to?
I never drank coffee until I moved to the UK and started working 12 to 16 hour days in a hotel. This was at the age of 24 maybe? Since then, it's like I've been on a mission to make up for 24 years of not drinking coffee. I am a pretty big addict when it comes to coffee. At work, I probably have 20 cups of coffee. I am not over exaggerating either, it might even be more than 20 cups.

I have "quit" or tried to quit before. Earlier this year actually. I replaced my coffee intake with water and cut coffee out completely. I had a four day migraine during detox, but after that, I felt fantastic. Unfortunately. it would seem that quitting coffee is harder than quitting smoking. I half joke (I say half, coz I laugh when I say it, but it's really no joke) and tell people not to talk to me before my 3rd cup of coffee at work.

Jadae

Registered Member
I have quit caffeine at least 10 times. I love it so much :[ It cant quit me!!! lol... I don't smoke, do "drugs" and drink once a year, if that... so its not so bad, but I know caffeine can alter your sleep and waking quality. Meh.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't plan on giving it up. I already gave up my nicotine habit, what more do people want of me???

I don't feel like I have to have it, until I go a day or two without it. I don't really think about it that much.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I don't plan on giving it up. I already gave up my nicotine habit, what more do people want of me???
Know those feels!

I used to drink SO MUCH coffee when I lived on campus. I have a Keurig so I'd just run back my dorm, press a button and BOOM. Then I found it was messing with my mental illness and I had to cut back. Boy, that was hard.