• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Other Kicking out of finishers

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is something that has bugged me for a while. I don't think John Cena is capable of beating someone with an AA anymore. It has to be multiple ones or off the top rope. I think they should protect finishers more often and make them feel more legit.

The F5, for example. Nobody kicks out of that...until Reigns does at Mania but that is fine. I think it takes away from matches if guys kick out of finishers all the time because in a big match you know its not ending until they do 1...2...maybe 3 finishers.

It can happen sometimes, sure, to make it feel big, but they did it too damn often. Just ease up on it guys.

Thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh, it’s bugged me for a while, too. It’s just annoying. There are some instances where it makes sense; however, pretty much everyone does it now. Why are they even called finishers if they do not even finish a guy.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I feel you on that, only a few times have I watched a match thinking that the match was over but than SNAP they kick out. Like as soon as you see a match of a certain magnitude nowadays you're going to get 2 or 3 times they kick out of a finisher. There's only 2 finishers I see that to me are legit finishers and that's Roman Reigns spear, the curb stomp and the F5.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I think it's just how the business has evolved over the years. Back when I was a kid, in the 80s, a finisher was just that; a finisher. You would rarely see a kickout, if ever. At best, you would see the finisher blocked or missed leading to the opponent hitting his finisher.

Personally, they should just rename them "signature moves" rather than finishers.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't disagree they should rename it

I also think more moves should beat people. Like when Ziggler does the fame asser, you know he isn't winning. The superman punch even...that doesn't pin people. The side effect? Nope, doesn't win matches.

This way we can't tell when its going to end. If finishers don't always end matches anymore that's fine but have other stuff win consistently so we're always on our toes.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I think it's just how the business has evolved over the years. Back when I was a kid, in the 80s, a finisher was just that; a finisher. You would rarely see a kickout, if ever. At best, you would see the finisher blocked or missed leading to the opponent hitting his finisher.

Personally, they should just rename them "signature moves" rather than finishers.
I think the problem with that is that everything slowly becomes a signature move. I used to play the wrestling games on the Nintendo 64, Warzone or something, and they distinguished between the finishers and the signature moves. For instance, the undertakers finisher is obviously the tombstone, but his signature would be the chokeslam. Something of that nature, romans would be the spear and the superman punch would be the signature move.

I understand what you're saying though, just the way it's distinguished is the difference.