Movies Kick Ass

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Altanzitarron, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Is anyone else excited for this film? It's based on a very recent graphic novel about a teenager who loves comics and decides to become a superhero himself. This then begins a trend amongst others but the super heroics aren't as easy as they looked on the page. I've already seen that it's had a few good reviews despite it's release being a few months away.
    YouTube - Kick Ass - Official Trailer

2. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

I am very much excited by it. The graphic novel is one of the most stand-out classics of its time, with its intriguing characters and storytelling.

The trailer nailed the humour well, so this is a must-see.

3. Altanzitarron

Only 8 reviews on RT but they're all positive so far. I'm looking forward to catching this at the end of the month.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I've actually been really excited for this movie since I found out about it a few months ago. I think it seems like a hilarious and awesome movie.

Also, I have no source for this since I only heard this from someone on another forum, but I guess the guy who wrote the comic this is based off of is hoping to make this into a trilogy of movies.

5. Altanzitarron

AWESOME! Kick Ass rocks seriously! This is a treat for any fan of comic books, saturday morning cartoons and action films in general. You people NEED to see it. From its constant superhero references to it's brutal and emotional scenes, this is not a film to be missed. This is my film of the year so far.

Plus 95% positive rating on RT is nothing to sniff at either.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  6. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

I guess I have to waltz on over to my local cinema, and get astounded by the wonderment. You're coming along with me (again) Altanzitarron.

I am, on another note, very glad that this film got the results that it did.

7. Altanzitarron

Whenever you can man, I'm game.

More people need to become part of the love for this reel of pure entertainment.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I am not aware of the comic and based off the commercials of it I thought it loooked very low budget and, well, terrible.

But I haven't seen it so I guess I can't really say anything...I'm basing this off what I've seen in previews.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

This movie looks really freaking hilarious. I'm excited for it!

10. Altanzitarron

After watching it for a second time tonight with Po I still really can't rave about it enough.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010