KG Talks To Golden State Are Legit

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Newsday -
    Talks between Minnesota and Golden State about a trade that would send Kevin Garnett to the Bay Area are real and advanced, according to a person involved in the discussions.

But it's too early to say whether No. 8 pick Brandan Wright, reigning "most improved player" Monta Ellis and an assortment of fat and/or expiring contracts will be enough. Wright can't be traded for 30 days because he signed his rookie contract Friday.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46988/20070708/kg_talks_to_golden_state_are_legit/

2. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Very interesting but I don't see a superfast offense being a good fit for KG because he makes his moves after his feet are set, not when he's already in motion. The offense would have to slow down imo.

3. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

as much of a warriors fan i am i dont want this to happen, cuz the die-hard warrior fans at my place (bay area) is soo damn annoying bout KG coming to the Warriors, so i want KG to either stay or go somewhere else just so it could shut them up

4. TDG1987

TDG1987 Registered Member

I don't think this is the best deal for Minnesota, but they almost have to do it. If they wait too long, they won't get anything for KG. Plus they'll be getting some good young players. Minnesota needs to start over. They haven't won with KG for the past 3 years, so they need to go back to the drawing board. Getting KG will give Golden State more credibility in terms of making a deep playoff run.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Timberwolves want Biedrins in the trade, but the Warriors don't want to put him the package, so I don't think this trade will happen, I believe that the Warriors have a good young team and Ellis is a big part of that team and I believe they should keep everyone, they have great chemistry and they can make a lot of noise next season if they still healthy. Don't get me wrong adding KG would help them a whole lot, but I think they should keep what they have.

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Even though these trade talks are legit I do have a hard time seeing this deal go down. Golden State will be giving a lot of the future away for Kevin Garnett. Like MJ said I also have a hard time seeing the Warriors trading Beindrins or even Monta Ellis. Even though Kevin Garnett might be a short term solution to stardom I rather keep the young players because in the long run they might bring you to the promise land.