Kevin Durant vs Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 29, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who will be the better player and why? We've already seen what Carmelo can average 30ppg, can Durant do that? Will Durant average 10rebs a game too? who's the better scorer? the better passer? In other words who will have the better career, because I believe there there similar players, and why?

2. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

that's not really a fair question.
    Mello has 3 years under his belt, Durant Zero.
    going by college, well Mello led his team to the title in his 1 year, but college is so wacky, you really can't go by that.
    Durant will be fortunate to have Mello's numbers, but he does have that killer instinct to take over a game when needed.
    He's gonna be a very very good pro

3. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Like Celtic said it's kinda hard to pick yes or not, so I'll have to say that their careers will be very similar. They play the same style of game. Their both tremendous scorers and they can rebound the ball with ease aswell. So by the end of their career their numbers will pretty much look the same. Should be fun to see them go head to head this year.

4. Babe_Ruth

I know it's very hard to say because Durant never played a game in the NBA, but we have seen what this guy can do in the College game, and I know that College is way different then the pro's, but you can still predict in a way if the player is going to have a good career or not, barring injuries obviously. I believe that Durant will have a good career, but I believe after both are set and done, Melo will have a better overall career. But both will make the Hall of Fame in my opinion.

5. Why dont we wait until he's actually played an official NBA game. You cant compare his college games to Carmelos NBA games.

6. TDG1987

TDG1987 Registered Member

Well it's hard to say but looking at both player's games, I would say that Durant is a more complete player. He averaged a double-double last year and he shot a good percentage from the field and from 3pt range. Durant also plays pretty good defense seeing as he was 1st team all defense in the Big 12. What Durant needs to do is bulk up and get stronger and he'll be even better. He also seems to be more level-headed than 'Melo. 'Melo has had a couple off the court issues and he's also been a headcase on the court at times. It's too early to tell but for now I think Durant will have the better career.

7. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Carmelo is much stronger but Durant will be a better defender. Close call because both are such good scorers but I'm gonna say Durant based on how good he is at only 18.

8. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Both players were amazing in college for their teams so I think both will share a lot of the same qualites on the court but when it boils down to it I give a small edge to Durant at the moment but I'd be able to give a much better answer if I saw Durant play in the NBA.

9. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Durant's been criticized for not being able to bench press 185 pounds. Come on, he's only 18!!

10. Babe_Ruth

I agree, I dont think that's a fair critism. He might not be able to lift 185lbs, but he's going to get stronger as he develops. Just look at Chris Bosh for an example he was critisize because he was to small, but just look at him now he's one of the best power forwards in the league. Durant is going to get stronger and he's going to become a superstar.