• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kevin Durant signs with Warriors

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So their big 3 becomes a Big 4? Not sure we've seen a big four before ... plenty of big twos in the past, big threes certainly have become a popular thing, so I guess now we move on to four. Wonder at what point we end up seeing an entire all star starting lineup.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Big move - this is one of the teams I wouldn't have minded him going to....I had heard Knicks rumors which would have been fine with me too, and seeing him play in in his hometown of DC would have been cool as well. I really like Steph Curry though and seeing this Warriors team continue to be strong is just fine with me.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Curry, Durant, Green, Thompson...good lord is that insane or what?

I'm okay with it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant, 2010

I guess if you can't beat them, join them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally, I would've stayed. If he wins a title in OKC, he's a superhero. But not so much when you're joining a team that just went 73-9 without you. Anything that goes wrong he's going be the guy people blame. I can just see it now, the Warriors win 70 and hot takers saying "...what's wrong with the Warriors, their record's worse with Durant..."

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What does this move do for the Warriors? It's not like they were having trouble scoring before. There's only one ball to go around.

4everKnicksLife

Registered Member
I don't like this move by KD at all. He's a superstar player. Was unable to win a ring with a title contender, so he goes to a 73 win team that he lost to? He was playing with a top 5 player in Westbrook on a championship contender already. This is completely different than LeBron leaving Cleveland in 2010 too. LeBron had to play with Donnyell Marshall and Daniel Gibson, not Russell Westbrook! And he didn't join a 73 win team. Usually I don't agree w/ Stephen A Smith on much, but on this topic, I do. This was a weak move by KD. Even if he wins a championship, his legacy is ruined by having to join a 73 win team to do so. And what if he doesn't win a title w/ the Warriors? How much does that diminish his legacy? Because the Warriors really don't have any big men. Rebounding was a major difference in the Finals last yr. plus the fact they couldn't stop LeBron and Kyrie. This doesn't solve any of those problems. As for their offense, there's only one ball to go around as someone mentioned earlier.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant, 2010

I guess if you can't beat them, join them.
I thought about this quote when he announced it.