• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kettlebell Workouts

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have you ever used kettlebells in your workouts? My brother-in-law let me borrow his 35lb kettlebells and I have to say these things are insane.

If you are looking for an intense routine, take a single 35lb kettlebell and hold it with two hands between your legs. Space your feet about a foot and a half apart and then swing the thing as far back (under your legs) as you can comfortably and then forward and up, straight up above your head, and then back down. Go as fast as you can for 60 seconds.

I'm doing these as part of my routine circuit and I do three sets of 60 seconds total by the time I am done. It really works your core like you wouldn't believe.

If you don't know what a kettlebell looks like, it looks like a canon ball with a handle:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've used them several times, not a huge fan of it. I usually take a 40lb weight to swing up and down(like you were discussing above) I find it more useful. They were offereing a class at my gym, but I never signed up.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I tried holding a 35lb kettlebell in each hand today and swinging them both at once (same way as in the OP) and I could only go for about 45 seconds. It became insane towards the end and I just couldn't complete the 60 seconds that I had set as a goal.