Kerry Wood

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering who you guys think is to blame for Kerry Wood's injuries? The organization or himself?

I believe it's a little bit of both, because Wood as a rookie pitched so many innings, and that's the Cubs fault, they shouldn't of given him so many innings at a young age.

Also I would consider is fault as well because so many great pitchers like Clemens, Maddux and others told him to change is deliver because it might ruin is arm, and he wouldn't listen because he pitched that way in high school and college, and didn't have any problems. But now we see that he should of change is delivery because he hasn't pitched a full season for a long time now.

Thoughts? and Why?

2. OldStyle

OldStyle Guest

He has a habit of throwing across his body, which isn't good on his arm. Eventually, it caught up to him. So far, he's never been able to recover.

Oh yeah, the Cubs organization blows.

3. blenderboy55

blenderboy55 Guest

According to http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/ranking-organizations/ the Cubs have the fourth best farm.

According to rotoworld, the Cubs have a farm similar to Astros, Dodgers, Marlins, Mets, Rangers, Reds, and Royals

Baseballprospectus also likes the Cubs system.

4. Babe_Ruth

Well the Cubs have been struggling for a couple of season so they'll have some early picks in the Draft so their farm team will be pretty good. But anyways back to the topic at hand. Who do you think is at fault for ruining Kerry Wood's arm Blenderboy?

5. OldStyle

OldStyle Guest

I didn't say their farm system was bad.

6. blenderboy55

blenderboy55 Guest

I don't really know enough about the topic really

Sorry. I misread "organization" as system.

7. Otacon

Otacon Guest

He's to blame, but it seems more like bad luck than anything else. However, I don't see why the Cubs are so willing to pay him so much money to sit on the DL all season. He needs to get healthly or he shouldn't be payed near as much as he currently is.

8. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Yeah the Cubs should not be paying him as much as he is getting to really play more of a role as the benchwarmer than anything. But I think when he is healthy he is a greay pitcher and hopefully he can get back into playing form sometime soon because if he does and with the new Cubs coming through the system I think they can really play the role of underdog and really make a run for the wildcard or division if they play really hard.

9. Babe_Ruth

When they signed him to that big contract they didn't know that he was be on the disable list for this long period of time. It's a shame that he never recovered, because he was one of the best young pitchers in the game, he was very exciting to watch, and if could of really help the Cubs when they made that World Series push. And I remember watching the game where he tied Clemens for most strikeouts in a game(20) it was just awesome.

10. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

That was an amazing game. I mean it takes a good pitcher to really get that many Ks in one game and he was really good that game and during his career. He still has a chance to come off the DL but I really don't think he will be as good as he was before. But he still has the chance to be a great pitcher and a big part of the Cubs team.