Kerr To Be Named Phoenix GM

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
East Valley Tribune -
Steve Kerr will be announced as the new president of basketball operations and general manager of the Suns within the week, an NBA source with knowledge of the situation said. Current general manager Mike D’Antoni will still have a front office title in addition to his coaching duties

The source said current vice president of basketball operations David Griffin will decide tonight whether to stay with the Suns or take a similar position with the Grizzlies. The Suns want Griffin to stay and would probably give him a raise and another title. Griffin would also keep a lot of the duties for which he is currently responsible.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46330/20070531/kerr_to_be_named_phoenix_gm/

C

Celtic Fan

wow, guess his job description is 'don't screw up what we got going on here'

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I read this headline I was very surprise, I didn't even know that the Suns were looking for a new general manager. But like Andrew said he's very fourtunate to come to a team like the Suns. Now there's been rumours since the Suns were elimanted from the playoffs, where they were pondering to trade Amare for Garnett. I wonder if Kerr likes that idea and he'll try to make the trade.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
I wonder how that would affect team chemisty between the guys. I think it would be fair on both sides but again its up to Kerr to see how things would fit in there in Phoenix. Personally I don't think they need to make any deals. The team they have now is crazy and with another year or two experience I think they'll have an NBA title for themselves.

zunami

Registered Member
He seems like a smart guy and the Suns' roster doesn't need any major changes so he'll do well.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Don't fix what's not broken seems to fit in here. The Suns are one of the best teams in the league and Kerr is lucky to have the guys he has in place here so I doubt he will move much and mess with the chemistry these players have with each other.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
With 6 NBA championships under his belt Steve Kerr has really high Basketball I.Q so I'm sure he'll do just fine in Phoenix. He already has a stack team to work with. The only thing he needs to do is find the final piece of the puzzle to bring this team to the finals and win that elusive championship.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Well I don't know about that. I personally think he has all the pieces but he just don't know where to put them all at the moment and thats why they can't seem to win the NBA title. Now say if he comes in and just gets these guys to do one more thing better or just work on some things I think they can be Title bound.