Kenyon Says He Will Play Next Week

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Denver Post -
    Nuggets' forward Kenyon Martin is tentatively pointing toward Wednesday's game against Detroit for his first action since injuring the knee last season.

Asked Thursday when he'll play, Martin said, "Probably toward the end of the week. Probably the last one next week, maybe. But it'll only be one next week. We've got three of them; it'll be one out of the three probably."

Martin said his practice Wednesday was the best of the preseason. In a little more than an hour of work, he said his knees and conditioning felt as good as they have since the start of training camp.

"It's been a process, but it's been a good process," Martin said. "Just following the steps the doctor gave me. Not doing anything to jeopardize nothing."

"Of course if it was up to me, I would just go. But that probably wouldn't be the best thing. That's why I didn't leave it up to me. Some people left it up to me before, and I overdid it. That's why it's not up to me now."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48502/20071012/kenyon_says_he_will_play_next_week/