Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho - WK12

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thought this deserved it's own thread. I'm sure you all know by now that Jericho challenged Omega this past weekend, to a watch at Wrestling Kingdom, which will take place January 4, 2018.

Jericho is not the wrestler he is used to be, but he's still really talented in the ring. In addition, we all know how talented Omega is. I am extremely excited for this match. It should be a great one.

Thoughts?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'm gonna quote Big Mike Elgin on Twitter and say that Jericho vs Omega will probably be the biggest match of 2018 in pro wrestling.

I knew that eventually, their bickering on Twitter would lead to something but I thought this would be settled on Jericho's cruise (Omega will be a part of it) but NEVER would I've thought they would headline Wrestle Kingdom 12 (I'm assuming they're gonna be at least co-main with Okada vs Naito).

And apparently, WWE didn't learn about it until the actual Power Struggle show itself when they showed the Jericho footage. I bet Vince didn't see that coming at all.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was pretty shocked when I saw that yesterday. He pretty much owned him. Omega was bloodied, and ‘surprised’ on what just transpired. I imagine they will have one or two more encounters before the match itself. Its fun to follow.

EdgeHead

Registered Member

Kenny Omega didn't waste any time to retaliate; he attacked Jericho during the Wrestle Kingdom 12 press conference!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They are doing a great job building up this feud. It does help that Omega is working with one of the greatest in Jericho. In addition, does it seem like Jericho has a bit of a spring in his step so to speak. Haven’t really seen that side of Jericho for a while. Maybe it’s because NJPW is letting Jericho do wants, and in the WWE he did not really have that freedom.

Last edited:

EdgeHead

Registered Member
They are doing a great job building up this feud. It does help that Omega is working with one of the greatest in Jericho. In addition, does it seem like Jericho has a bit of a spring in his step so to speak. Haven’t really seen that side of Jericho for a while. Maybe it’s because NJPW is letting Jericho do wants, and in the WWE he did not really have that freedom.
I think it has to do with the fact that this is something that NJPW has practically never done. NJPW never does American angles but when you've got one of the best in the world in Chris Jericho and you've got the hottest worker on your roster in Kenny Omega, it is bound to give something magical. I don't think it is as much Jericho having more freedom than in WWE as much as it is an opportunity for him to sink his teeth into something he hasn't done in years. It's been 20 years since he last wrestled in Japan as Super Liger and his first match outside WWE since 1999. It's definitely rejuvenating for him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another thing that was awesome is when he threw the entire table at Omega. And wrote down his quote in the reporter's notebook and then stole the notebook.