• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kenny Doane (Dykstra) speaks out

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Recently released WWE superstar Ken Doane (Kenny Dykstra) has posted the following message on his MySpace page (link):

"First I would just like to say thank you to everyone who left a comment or message and for the support. It is greatly appreciated. Believe it or not i actually am happy to be gone from wwe. I dont have to do things around their schedule and i dont have to answer to anybody. i have never fealt so free in my entire life. i had been working with wwe since i was 16 so ive never really known anything else. i did have fun with wwe but the creative side never used me properly or really gave me an opportunity to get over. it sucks when you know your better than the majority and your only used to make people look good. will i stay wrestling? Im not sure. wwe kinda puts a bad taste in your mouth after all the politics and garbage that can go on. I may try to go to TNA but we will see. i have 90 days to think about it and possibly try. although i wont rule it out. I do feel like they could use me much better. I would also like to have some matches with guys like a.j. and kurt and joe and christian. plus sting has always been my favorite so to work with him would be great too. but i guess i will wait it out and see what direction i try to go in. as for wwe i am glad to be gone. i thank them for everything and wish them the best too. take care. Ken Doane."

viLky

ykLiv
it sucks when you know your better than the majority and your only used to make people look good.
LOL - is he staying in character, or is he just being cocky? Heh, don't shine yourself up too brightly, Kenny.

I'm glad he posted this. I would like it if he gave details on WHY he was released. Bad attitude? Just "trimming the fat"? Ect...?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Kenny had a lot of talent, he was very athletic and he showed it on many occasions. I agree with him when he says the WWE didn't use him right, he could of been a contender for the U.S Title or the IC title for a number of years. Ill defenitely miss him in the ring.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
[/font]LOL - is he staying in character, or is he just being cocky? Heh, don't shine yourself up too brightly, Kenny.
Hes doing neither. He speaking the truth. A lot of WWE talent Suck. And Kenny was a great wrestler. I hope he keeps wrestling up. He has a future.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
TNA needs to go full force after Ken Doane IMO. He's what, 22 years old? Why the hell not.

viLky

ykLiv
Do you figure TNA will build Kenny up (and use him) like Christian, but ultimately losing him back to the WWE again in the future? He may say he doesn't want to go back, however the money may speak loads in the future.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you figure TNA will build Kenny up (and use him) like Christian, but ultimately losing him back to the WWE again in the future? He may say he doesn't want to go back, however the money may speak loads in the future.
Not sure what they'll do because he's not as established as Christian was when he jumped ship to TNA from WWE in 2005. Kenny has a lot of work t do and eventually I'm sure he'll be invited back.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
That my friend, is the rule of the buissness

Smaller promotions build up wrestlers only to have them stolen by bigger promotions once there contract is up. its just how it works.

Example being Old ECW where most wrestlers jumped ship once they gained popularity and got known, then WWE/WCW got their eye on them

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no doubt that he should go to TNA, he would be used correctly and would be given a good push, I'm not saying he would get a push like Christian did when he joined TNA, but good enough to get some good exposure, and make a name for himself.