Kenny Anderson Wants A Return To NBA

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Boston Globe - Kenny Anderson last played in the NBA for the Clippers during the 2004-2005 season and after playing in Lithuania last year, he wants to return to an NBA roster.

Sometimes I'm like, `Maybe I've played enough, " said Anderson. Then, there's days when I work out and I want that team environment.

I just need that opportunity. I'm in shape. I haven't had any major injuries. I'm young, only 35. I didn't want to retire at 34 or 35. I've still got that hunger. I want to be 100 percent sure that I can't help a team when I finish, and I'm not there yet.

I don't know why I'm not getting a harder look. I think everybody knows I know how to run a team. I'm not going to be a cancer on a team. I've always been a good leader. Why doesn't somebody say, `Hey, why not bring Kenny into camp?'"

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/42035/20060827/kenny_anderson_wants_a_return_to_nba/

2. Why

Why, with all due respect but I would take my chances with Jayson Williams first. Anderson doesn't have it anymore. Plues there are hundreds of younger and quicker points that have game.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well Jay Williams was invited in the Ney Jersey Nets trainning camp. Personally I would give him a chance because he can come off the bench give you a couple of points and assists. It's ashame that he never turned out like he was suppose to be coming out of high school, he was one of the best high school players to ever play.

4. Midnight

Midnight Guest

Kenny Anderson isn't a horrible player, but he's aging. He's obviously a step slower and would get overlooked in lieu of the younger players.

Jay Williams is still young and he seems to be a better gamble for most teams than Kenny Anderson. I sure hope Jay gets signed and recovers into the guard everybody thought he would become.