• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kendrick Perkins, Nate the Great sent to Thunder for Green, Krstc

BigBob

Registered Member
Just before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, the Boston Celtics agreed to ship center Kendrick Perkins and guard Nate Robinson to the Oklahoma City Thunder for forward Jeff Green and big man Nenad Krstc two league sources said.

Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge said Wednesday that Perkins is out at least a week after spraining the medial collateral ligament in his left knee.
Not a huge suprise Perkins was traded to me seeing as he wasn't returning at the end of the year. I like Nate a lot, but he wasn't getting the playing time behind Rondo.. but Green is a huge pickup for C's.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This trade is definitely a shocker for me. Kevin Garnett cannot do this all by himself downlow. I know he was probably walking at the end of the year, but now they have no one that can contain Howard, not even Shaq at this point of his career can stop Howard, Kristic definitely can't either.

They got a solid player in Jeff Green, but did they really need him? I don't think so. The Thunder definitely win this trade since they had no use of Green anymore since he got lost in the shuffle, and they needed a presence inside.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Yeah I don't get why they made this trade now, unless the opportunity was going to pass. The whole motto of the celtics was defense and size. Why would they break up the starting five that's "never lost a playoff series" anyways?

If anything, make moves after the season is over. Maybe after Shaq retires or one of the big 3 retires.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
This trade makes sense given the scenarios of both teams. The Thunder needed to establish a somewhat deeper team, and Perkins and Nate will fill the bench and the team more than usual.

Perkins wasn't quite working out in Boston. He did produce very good games in his time, but he just didn't feel comfortable.

Boston is getting great talent in Green and Krstc.

Zenheizer

needs practice
Disagree. The Thunder pulled off a Gasol-Kwame Brown trade a handful of years ago. OKC got TONS better with size (Nate is def not Nate the Great, just a spark off the bench but far from a quality player).

The C's made a huge mistake, Kendrick did so much, despite being injury prone. If the Celtics even make it to the NBA Finals ANY Western conference team will be able to kill them on the frontline.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Thunder have one of the best defensive starting five in the league with the addition of Perkins. I can't stand him, because I think he's a douche, but the guy plays great defense, and he brings toughness.

I read an article that this trade was so hard for Ainge to make, but they couldn't come to an agreement on a contract, so they didn't want to just lose him.