Ken Griffey Jr

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When he was in Seattle he was considered to be the best player in the Majors, and would break records that was unthinkable of breaking. Then he joined Cincinnati and the injuries started to plague is career. The question I have for you guys is: I am wondering if you guys think he's a first ballot Hall of Famer, even though yes he has over 500 Homeruns. Thoughts

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
If he stays healthy, which I sincerely hope he will, he'll easily eclipse the 600 mark for homeruns and the 3000 mark for hits. Those are first ballot Hall of Fame numbers. And a .291 lifetime BA is a big plus as well.

Hoosier.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'd imagine with his numbers, he'd make the hall of fame. However, those injuries are almost inexplicable. The sheer number and frequency of them bothers me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think with what he accomplish at such a young age and maybe exlipsing the 600 homerun mark(which I think he'll do) he's definitly a first ballot Hall of Famer. I doubt that the injuries will cause him a spot in the Hall of Fame. If you ask a regular baseball fan about Ken Griffey Jr they'll only tell you great things. It's a shame that he got injured because he could of did unthinkable things, but even with all those injuries his stats are still incredeble.