Ken Dryden's number retired by Canadiens

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's one of the best goalies in Montreal history he only played eight seasons, and he has over 250 wins, and he only had 57 loses, and it took him 237 games before he lost two games in a row which is remarkable. He won six stanley cups five vezinas. He was also the goalie for Team Canada vs the USSR.

The best part of the ceremony after seeing the banner raised to the rafters was seeing Tretiak there, he deserved that ovation because MTL was the only team he wanted to play for.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
It was a great night for the sport of hockey. One of its most deserving players got his jersey rose to the rafters and its about time. He is one of if not the best goalie in Habs history and one of the best period. He will never be forgotten and this starts his journey to immortality.

S

SamtheBravesFan

It was a great night for the sport of hockey. One of its most deserving players got his jersey rose to the rafters and its about time. He is one of if not the best goalie in Habs history and one of the best period. He will never be forgotten and this starts his journey to immortality.
I think he was already immortal, this was just icing on the cake. :)

Because he played on those wonderful Montreal teams of the 70s, he did something that I don't think anyone else will ever do again: have more career ties than losses.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree no one is going to do that again, that stat is just remarkable. I don't think he's the best goalie in Habs history, but he's in the top 3 or 4, there was so many great goalies in this franchise, it's very hard to rate them. His number did deserve to be retired, and so people were complaining that his speech was to long, but I say hell with them, show him a little respect.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
I agree. The speech I didn't think was so long and no matter how long it was they should have showed some class and listen to the entire thing anyway. He played for Montreal and brought them glory that they still hold onto today and for the fans to say he had to long of a speech is just wrong.