Keith Ballard is an idiot

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rotoworld.com

Did anybody see this last night? One of the stupidest things I've ever seen in any sport, anywhere, ever.

He's lucky he didnt seriously injure Vokoun.

Tomas Vokoun has been released from the hospital after receiving stitches for a cut to his ear.

Vokoun sustained the injury after allowing a goal in Monday's game. Teammate Keith Ballard tried to slam his stick against the crossbar in frustration but he accidentally caught Vokoun in the face. The good news is Vokoun doesn't have a concussion and he didn't sustain any internal damage to his ear. Consider him day-to-day for now.
Here's the video...

YouTube - Keith Ballard Injures His Own Goalie

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Saw this on the Sportscenter update after the monday night football game, I havent been watching the Panthers all that much so I dont know if there are any evident hostility between Vokoun and his team mates. Ballard is definitely an idiot here

this video has a few better replays:

YouTube - Keith Ballard Two Hand Slashes Own Teammate Tomas Vokoun

Replays at 1:30...3:20....6:20

I know things happen so fast, but that idiot looked square at Vokoun and did it. The announcers are saying he wasn't but just look at the helmet fins... they are pointed right at Vokoun.

I dunno what this guy was thinking. I mean seriously... why even hit the posts? I was taught in Mites that you leave the posts alone, they arent yours they are your goalies!

:hah: Patrick Roy woulda beat Ballards ass for doing that hahahaha

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah I just cant believe this ever even happens! Like I said I was taught in Mites that you leave the posts alone, they arent yours! :hah:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Question for you guys, do you believe the NHL has the right to suspend Ballard or should it be a team decision?

He should get a suspension from the league for being an idiot and endangering his own teammate. I saw a replay of this on Versus the night it happen, the analysts couldn't believe it either.

Florida Panthers' Keith Ballard says he was in shock after smacking teammate Tomas Vokoun - ESPN

"I just felt terrible," Ballard said. "I didn't know what to say. I don't know how many times I apologized and we talked for a bit and he came back and sat with me and we talked for a while longer. In those 15 or so minutes, I don't know how many times I apologized. Finally, he's just like, don't worry about it, it's enough."

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I'm glad that he's sorry about it, but it's still idiotic thing to do. He probably wasn't thinking but how dumb can you be to swing your stick at the net when the goalie will be standing there 95% of the time. I don't care if your angry, you just don't swing your stick, it's fucking retarded.