Kdmillz72 rants on TNA Impact

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Okay, rant time. I'm sorry if this seems like a jumbled mess...I'm just going off the top of my head.

I know there are a lot of TNA haters on this site and that's fine. I am not particularly one of those "haters." But I watched Impact last night and I have to comment on it.

TNA stands for Total Nonstop Action but last night in their two hour spectacular they had four matches. I sware to God nothing happened within the first hour of watching that show and I know I'm going to forget something. I only remember a couple of actually good things. Matt Morgan going heel makes sense, Booker T had a funny line in the back, Mike Tenay asking, "what are they actually signing" was funny in the Sky/Love crap, and Don West saying "I think Velvet's are real" was funny. That was about it. Moving on...

Hernandez won the World Title shot briefcase at some PPV but unfortunately for him he's a fucking moron. The dumbass uses the case while ALL THE MEMEBERS OF THE MAIN EVENT MAFIA ARE IN THE DAMN RING. He challenges Sting and he loses in about 5 minutes. Or it was a DQ, fuck if I remember. He's obviously not an ultimate opportunist. This was after Kurt Angle talked for what seemed like forever. Then we've got the glorious return of fatass Bubba Ray Dudley. Listen to what I'm about to say closely wrestling fans...I'll even make a separate paragraph...

Devon challenged Kurt Angle at the next PPV
    Bubba challenged Sting for the World title at the next PPV

Yup, we had Rhino vs Sting and now we're getting Bubba Ray vs Sting. Im totally serious. That's ridiculous. Do I even need to say more on that?

I sware to God that all happened within 30-45 minutes. Next up was the Love/Sky and Fake V-P bologna. No wrestling there. Roxxi and Taylor Wilde tricked the blonde bimbos...wooooohooooo!! [​IMG] Roxxi is frickin retarded looking. I'm sorry, she's just not attractive and its painful to look at her. Taylor also annoys the piss outta me. Oh, some black shit fell on the bimbos in the ring. Priceless entertainment. I think we're about an hour in now...I might be making that up.

What the hell else happened? Oh yeah, Scott Steiner is a terrible wrestler. Angle was put through a table so Steiner filled in against Styles and stunk up the joint. AJ couldnt save him.

How about some cock-a-mane booking? Creed and Lethal win the tag titles over Beer Money and then lose them three days later at the PPV. I guess they felt having Creed and Lethal on the PPV? I know they are furthering the Morgan/Abyss stuff but they didnt need a title change to do it. Oh, and Matt Morgan blows.

No Alex Shelley or Chris Sabin last night...why?

Mick Foley yelled for no apparent reason.

I wonder how much actual wrestling was on the show. The other match was the Kongtourage vs Roxxi, Wilde and ODB. It wasnt bad but I was very bored. Sojo Bolt sucks and Linda Miles, oops I mean Rhaka Khan also sucks.

That show last night was pathetic, it was terrible, it was actrocious. End any other terms you can think of. One of the worst shows in history of pro wrestling.

Rant over.

wooly likes this.

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

To be honest, that's a pretty accurate description of every TNA show i've seen for the past month or two. i really don't know what's happened to TNA. What started off as a good, wrestling focused alternative to the WWE really has become... a really, really bad soap opera. i can't believe they think people are actually interested in those ridiculously long interviews they have with people like kurt angle and jeff jarrett (hell i can't believe jeff jarrett thinks people actually want to see him in PPV main events). Used to be a promising little company but now they really are moving backwards. It's a shame to see people with the talent of AJ Styles and Motor City Machine Guns (not even using them on a show is ridiculous) stuck with these crap storylines, and a minimum of wrestling on top.

As for Scott Steiner, by all reports the guy can barely walk outside of the ring so TNA really should in all good conscience just tell him no more. I was reading about his physical condition recently and getting into the car is like a ten manouvre routine so there's minimum pain, and he dropped a napkin after a shw and couldn't pick it up. Supposedly everybody in the back feels sorry for him.

3. Millz

I feel bad for Scott Steiner but if its that bad then he need to retire or just be a manager in the stable.

I forgot about the return of Petey Williams...that was cool.

4. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Petey's return was great. I give Scotty Steiner a lot of credit as with Flair at the end of his career (don't worry, he's not in Flair's ballpark). I just equate him with a veteran and future HOFer that has worked hard for a looong time. I marked so bad at a Lockdown in St. Louis when he did the Frankensteiner live. It was awesome. I know he's not great in the ring and can barely speak a sentence, but he's a great part of TNA imho.

As far as Brother Ray and Brother Devon, I think people are misinterpreting the situation. When I look at it, I see one of the greatest tag teams of all time that is getting further credibility and acknowledgement through high profile matches. Rhino, another key ECW alum, got a title run and has had title matches. They deserve a similar nod, if it is only a one-time nod. It also fits well into the MEM storyline. Brother Ray and Devon took a big stand against the MEM after they had offered them a spot on the stable. They've been leaders in the back and an emotional return after a big beat down is always cool.

I can't BELIEVE people are criticizing TNA for not having enough matches. For the past several years, they have been blowing the WWE away in match volume. Now for a few months they have a stable storyline that usually involves a lot of blah blah on the microphone (entertaining as it may be), and suddenly people forget how often the WWE has lacked quality matches in the past? True I'd like to see more matches on Impact right now, but I think we will in the future.

And Millz, Matt Morgan freakin' kicks ass in that ring.

Hernandez using his title shot was not tactically smart, but it didn't need to be. It just was used to show that LAX has balls and is willing to stand up to MEM and take place in the war in TNA. Hernandez can play with the big boys now.

Millz likes this.
  5. Millz

I don't believe that proved Hernandez could play with the big boys...the match wasn't long enough, IMO, to give him any credibility at all. What I saw was a guy cash in a chance to win the world title at the worst possible time. He looked foolish.

Man, I dont know what it is about Matt Morgan but he drives me insane. He's pretty good on the mic and all...I dont know what to say about him. I guesss its just personal opinion.

As far as the matches goes. It just seems like they are wasting too much time. They are trying to tell more stories which is fine but they are overdoing it. I guess since WWE has more shows I dont really notice a lack of wrestling.

Unity...think about this for a second and tell me if this flies in the WWE...or if this would happen in the WWE...

First off, WWE already tried to make Bubba and Devon singles stars and they both failed. Can you imagine Devon Dudley vs Edge on a PPV? Or Triple H vs Bubba Ray Dudley? Or Undertaker vs either of them? I m almost lol thinking about that. There's no way the WWE audience wouldn't shit all over that. I get it, theyve done all they can in pro wrestling and they want to try this. The only problem is that they cannot be taken seriously as singles stars...and theres no way they'll spike PPV money either...they arent a draw in this manner.

I dont hate TNA...I just hated Impact last week. I'll be watching again this week to see what happens.

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

It definitely wouldn't of flied in the WWE, because the WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world.

TNA is a smaller company, so like companies such as New Japan or even indy groups people such as Devon and Bubba are able to get a higher level of credibility. This definitely wouldn't work in the WWE but I think it works in TNA right now as linked to the MEM storyline.

7. Millz

I'd rather TNA tried to get younger guys to a higher level of credibility. Not two old, washed up tag team wrestlers.

I like the Mafia but they control the entire show. This isn't WCW.