Kdmillz' Smackdown draft reactions

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

As promised here's Smackdown...

Talent Joining SmackDown (12)

Jeff Hardy: Obviously HHH is the biggest SD! pickup but the second biggest is Jeff Hardy. He needed this, this is a very good opportunity for him to possibly win the World Title. Edge, HHH, Undertaker, Umaga might stand in his way but I think they'll give him a shot on SD!. Not sure he'd ever break the glass ceiling on Raw so I'm happy he's given a shot to shine against some new opponents. He's extremely popular and there might be fans tuning in now to SD! just to see him. If he can prove himself I think it’s about time to give him the big strap...he's paid his dues. Can't say anything negative about this one.

Jim Ross: Huge pickup for Smackdown. JR might not like the idea but I think he and Foley can be awesome together. Ross is one of the greatest play by play guys in the business and he’ll add something to each and every broadcast. He’s a very good storyteller and I think he’ll actually like the quality of wrestling on Smackdown.

Umaga: Well this one was obviously happening…probably the most predictable pick in the draft outside of CM Punk. Umaga automatically becomes a big time player on Smackdown and hopefully gets inserted right back into the main event scene. Heel wise he’s right up there near the top and should get a World Title Shot down the road and I’d love to see Umaga face off against The Undertaker. This is a nice pickup for Smackdown because it adds another credible main eventer and he’s a very good worker. It also benefits Umaga on a personal level because I think he might win the big gold belt sometime eventually.

Mr. Kennedy: Good stuff here because there is a ready made feud between him and Edge after Edge beat Kennedy for the MITB briefcase last year. There’s no doubt in my mind they are going to use that storyline and Kennedy is going to be in the main event consistently on Smackdown. This is probably good for Kennedy’s career and I hope he gets his chance to shine over there. Obviously he’s great on the mic and I think this is the show he belongs on…he was overshadowed and did nothing on Raw the past year. The suspension and injuries hurting him a ton I know. Hopefully he stays clean and stays healthy so we can see what he can do.

Triple H: Hunter Hearst Hitler is on Smackdown…well how about that? The reason he was moved to SD! was for his own personal gain of getting a chance to see Stephanie and the kid more often but he’ll help out SD! in the process. Smackdown needed to get one of the following in order to remain competitive: Cena, Orton, HBK or HHH…and that’s what happened. Obviously HHH is going to be the face of the franchise because he’s HHH…he does whatever he wants. I hope he doesn’t bring the Raw glass ceiling to SD. I know there a lot of internet marks out there who are pissed he’s on the “wrestling show” that is SD. Personally I’m happy he’s there…it definitely shakes things up. We’ll see how it goes…I hope he’s not in every single main event.

Trevor Murdoch: Perfect situation for Murdoch. Cade is going to get pushed heavily on Raw and they needed to split them up. Murdoch has a chance to do something on Smackdown whereas on Raw he was going to do nothing. I think he’ll get to wrestle somewhat and they’ll probably keep his singing gimmick. This move makes sense to me.

Big Daddy V: Eh, who cares. What’s the difference is he’s on ECW or Smackdown? BDV is actually a pretty capable wrestler for a big man but I don’t really enjoy him that much. I mean he’s fine, but he’s like Snitsky in that I just don’t care that much about him. He’ll definitely need to remain a heel and will get a shot in the upper midcard I’m sure. Not sure how many belts we’ll win but there is some use of having him around.

DH Smith: Shocked they moved Harry Smith from Raw…I thought he was gonna be Ted DiBiase’s partner for sure. Oh well, this is actually good for Smith. If not for the rumors of that stable I would have been jumping for joy on this one. But I’m happy with the move anyways. I wonder if they’ll pair him with Natalya in some way because of the Hart Family and all that. I hope Harry gets a fresh start there, has some good feuds and does some good…I think he’s a talented guy for sure.

Brian Kendrick: Kendrick’s gain is Paul London’s loss…I knew this was gonna happen eventually. Ever since London had that stupid smile on his face during Vince’s limo explosion he’s been in the doghouse. Have fun on Raw Paul. Anywho another good move by WWE. Kendrick is a very skilled wrestler and can have some nice feuds over there. He’ll be great for the midcard over there. Smackdown is bringing in some nice additions for the midcard.

Maria: Just like Layla this is whatever. Its fine, who cares haha.

Shelton Benjamin: Shelton was getting an okay push on ECW but he lost the feud with Kofi so this makes sense. I am very excited about Benjamin on Smackdown…this is where he belongs. I’d give him a run with United States title and move him to the main event in a year or so. He’s the best pure athlete in the company and this might be his chance to shine. Pencil me giddy.

Carlito: Well if they aren’t doing the 2nd generation thing then this makes perfect sense. See Benjamin this is a great chance for Carlito. I’m sure he’s pissed he’s following HHH to Smackdown but I still think this is good for Carlito. I’m excited to see him perform.

2. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Good insight, again. I like the detail you've put into all of this...haha makes the draft feel even more monumental!!!

My thoughts:

I'm going to group Jeff Hardy, Carlito, Kennedy and Umaga into one: I think they all benefit on Smackdown, as they would be more believable in the main event here. I don't see Carlito going there now, but maybe down the road. Great for Jeff and Umaga especially! I hope the Samoan Bulldozer does big things. Same goes for Mr. Kennedy...Kennedy. I definitely agree with Millz about his possible feud with Edge.

Triple H: I like the change, because he's always been RAW. It's fresh and new and it kicks some ass. I don't get the accusations of him moving to SD! for his own personal gain...people always say he stayed on RAW for the same reason. Which is it?? I'm happy with the move.

Murdoch: I'm excited, and had hoped this would happen. I'd love to see him in a big Mid Card feud. His singing is a crackup. Maybe he could ally himself with Jesse and Festus! haha.

Big Daddy V: I'm a big fan of his ability to be huge and somewhat agile at the same time. Maybe he's dropped some weight and will be better than ever. You never know!

DH Smith: Big for him. He could do some great things on the mid card level. I'd like to see him continue to honor his father with things such as powerslams, etc. but I'd also like him to break away with his own in-ring style and finisher. Oh, yeah, he also honors his father by looking EXACTLY LIKE HIM! lol

Kendrick: Good for him...a risk for getting lost in the lower card shuffle because of his weight, but I'd like to see him as an aggressive lightweight heel. That's not done enough and I think he could pull it off...I think he was a pretty big heel wrestler in Japan.

Maria: "I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of..."

Shelton: More than Carlito, I've wanted to see this guy in the main event. I should have thought of that when typing out the first paragraph. Smackdown has the gold standard in wrestling!!! I hope he gets a big big push.

3. Millz

from rajah.com...

One reason Triple H was moved to SmackDown is due to a scheduling matter. The schedule on Smackdown is actually a lot more convenient for him, especially considering that wife Stephanie McMahon-Levesque is due to give birth in about a month and will be taking the babies on the road upon her return to work. The regular Raw show schedule runs from Friday to Monday, so he is always on his own on the road because Stephanie doesn't attend house shows. However, Stephanie always attends the weekly Tuesday SmackDown tapings, whereas Triple H is at home or on a plane going home. When he was on Raw, they pretty much only saw each other on Monday, the latter part of Wednesday, entire Thursdays, and the early part of Friday. Now that he's on SmackDown, he can see Stephanie and the kids Monday through at least Friday. The weekly SmackDown schedule doesn't start until Saturday night, so that gives them part of another day to be together some weeks. Instead of seeing his family for parts of three or four days a week, he should usually be able to see them as many as six days a week.

4. Unity

Gotcha...Thanks for the info.

I say good for HHH and Steph and their kids! Is this going to be the third one??

5. Millz

I believe this is #2...I thought I read it was another girl.

6. Unity

I thought I remembered them already having a second girl...oh well, I dunno.

7. Millz

Maybe you heard they were having a girl and it hadn't been born yet.

These things take 9 months, ya know :lol:

8. Unity

They do? Where do babies come from, Millz?!?!

9. Millz

That's another topic for another thread my friend. I'll tell you later when you're old enough haha.

So yeah, I am excited to watch Smackdown this Friday because of the new playas comin aboard.

10. Unity

Same here. I hope the draft picks on every show come out with a bang, and actually speak and start some feuds. As opposed to just random Chuck Palumbo vs. CM Punk matches for no reason.