Kazmir to Anaheim

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Millz, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Source: rotoworld.com

What the hell is this crap? I know the Rays went to shed salary but they are in the playoff race! Unbelieveable.

Great deal for Anaheim...geez.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! I can't believe Kazmir is gone to the Angels. Kazmir is having a bad year this season, but the Rays will probably regret this like the Mets regretted trading him to the Rays.

It would be a bit different if they weren't chasing the wild card, but there right there.

This is so stupid, the fans must not be happy.

3. Millz

I'd like to semi-retract this thread...MLB is denying the trade and rotoworld.com changed their tune to say the Angles are on the cusp of getting Kazmir...may not be done yet.

4. Babe_Ruth

Another thing that would be stupid if this trade actually happens is that there trading him to a playoff contender, who might win the Wild Card if the Rangers go on a run and surpass them. This would be stupid on so many different levels.

5. Millz

No worries anymore...

According to MLB.com's Lyle Spencer, the reported deal sending Scott Kazmir to the Angels for two prospects has fallen through.

So there ya go haha...sorry for posting that...it said originally it was a done deal.

6. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

Kazmir traded to the Angels

What do you guys think about this trade? I dont think that Tampa should have made the trade. Okay, Kazmir has been struggling this year, but he was getting better. He is a really good pitcher. While I'm happy that the Red Sox wont have to face him as often anymore, I definately dont think that this was a good trade.

7. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I think Tampa actually made a pretty solid trade. I personally believe Kazmir has seen the uphill of his season already. Tampa needs to focus on continuing to build a solid team for next year and the year after, however, LAA is going for the whole thing this year, and pushing to make it that way.

I'd say it's a good trade both ways IMO.

8. Babe_Ruth

Sui, Kazmir is still very young and has the potential to be one of the best pitchers in the league in a few years. I think that the Rays made a huge mistake in trading him, especially to an American League team that is contending for the playoffs.

9. Millz

Kazmir is only 25 years old though...he hasnt even his his prime and had a reasonable contract for two more years.

Its a steal for Anaheim...again, hes only 25. He has World Series experience.

10. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3