Kaz v. Flowers- Deathmatch

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Kazmarov, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Feel free to talk about good boquets in general, but here I want to ask you a question.

You're a female, going out on a first date- dinner and a movie. The guy picks you up and hands you a bouquet. What do you want? Guys, contribute with what you would give. Gays do whatever at their leisure.

Here's what I chose from a local florist:

[​IMG]

Advantages: daisies and sunflowers are bright and simple. They're both well in season so these would last a while. Good price- under 35$. Not crazy like orchids or roses, they don't say "I love you sooo much" but rather "I like you!" in a playful way. Also, daises come in a bajillion different colors, as do sunflowers.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I have to agree, great choice with the daisies and sunflowers. It'll put a smile on her face. A dozen roses on a first date is a little much.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not a big flower guy, whenever I did give a flower to a girl before we out on our date I would give her one rose, I think that's good enough, they really enjoyed it.

I personally wouldn't give something that big to a her girl before we out on a date, but that's my personal opinion.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

the bouquet is beautiful, indeed. really nice thought....
    but just like BR, i think it's a bit premature and too big lol.
    maybe a more little flower bouquet or less flower would be better.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I don't mind not getting flowers on first dates. If I do get one and have to pick, I might prefer colorful flowers and something that I can hold on to, meaning a bouquet not a basket.

[​IMG]

That kind (ok maybe not too much) or a blue rose:

[​IMG]

It's because I like it. So if you have a clue on what flower she likes, a single of that might be more appreciated than whatever great looking bunch you can give her.

6. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

When I am given flowers, I like simple and sweet. Daisies and sunflowers or other bright, playful flowers are a good choice for a first date. I would probably prefer something smaller than what is shown in the picture for myself, but really would appreciate whatever I was given. I am a big fan of the single rose as well.

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Yeah, I thought tulips at first, as they're nice, soft and one simply color. Orchids, roses and irises I think are busy, period. Daisys are happy and come in a lot of summer colors. Sunflowers are just boss because it's like BECKON TO COME INTO MY DARKENED SOUL OF SEED AND DESTRUCTION in the middle.

So yeah, it's 34.95. I'll reserve them in a couple weeks so I can pick them up on the way to her house. Because of the size, I'd rather she be able to put them back in the house (where she then gets to admire them for a while, as sunflowers last forever). Ehehehe. I'm stoked, I love the basket too.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I don't like the flowers to chose to be honest. They are something I would give to my Grandma when she was feeling unwell.

I've never seen a blue rose before. After seeing the picture ysa showed I would love to receive a bunch of those. Roses are always a popular choice though.

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I prefer to enjoy flowers that are still thriving in the ground. I've never been a big fan of receiving something that will be dead in a matter of days.

To each his own.

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

inorite?

I prefer tulips. haha But I probably don't count, being the dyke. :p