• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kaz and Gavik: A Declaration

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
On this day, the twentieth day of April, 2011 in the year of not my lord by the lord of some friends of mine, myself (Kazmarov) and my compatriot Gavik do hereby throw the gauntlet and challenge Smilin and CO to a 2 v 2 policy debate on any prompt, to be moderated by a third party from the GF Staff. Victory shall be agreed upon by a vote of the population of GF after the debate concludes.

Conditions:

1. Ad hominem attacks are prohibited.
2. Sources must follow rigorous protocol. The opposing party may make reasonable requests that opposing claims be cited.
3. Each party has 24 hours to respond to the other.
4. Posts will alternate between each team member.
5. Opening and closing statements will be given by different team members.
6. Failure to follow decorum will lead to disqualification.

That is all,

Kazmarov

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
On this day, the twentieth day of April, 2011 in the year of not my lord by the lord of some friends of mine, myself (Kazmarov) and my compatriot Gavik do hereby throw the gauntlet and challenge Smilin and CO to a 2 v 2 policy debate on any prompt, to be moderated by a third party from the GF Staff. Victory shall be agreed upon by a vote of the population of GF after the debate concludes.

Conditions:

1. Ad hominem attacks are prohibited.
2. Sources must follow rigorous protocol. The opposing party may make reasonable requests that opposing claims be cited.
3. Each party has 24 hours to respond to the other.
4. Posts will alternate between each team member.
5. Opening and closing statements will be given by different team members.
6. Failure to follow decorum will lead to disqualification.

That is all,

Kazmarov
Now that's what I'm talking about. Keep it up and you will earn my respect! (not that that matters). What about when we are absent? I'm going away for a long weekend of steelhead fishing!

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Then you inform the moderator and other team of the absence and request a period that the debate be suspended for.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
CO could easily debate you guys in a structured, non-divisive manner.

I highly, highly doubt SS will be capable.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member

Really? I wonder if QB and Sim would agree with you.
------
@ Kaz: Here is a suggestion, how about if we just treat each other that way in MD? Since I don't know you, I give you the benefit of the doubt and expect that you can, if that is your desire. I promise to treat you with the same respect that you give to me. If I fail then I will publicly apologize.

Not to say that I'm not up for a more structured debate, just that it is unnecessary if we can treat each other with dignity and respect.

Also, I can't speak for CO. So maybe you want to pm him and draw his attention tho this thread.

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.

damn rep spread

Gavik

Registered Member
Really? I wonder if QB and Sim would agree with you.
------
@ Kaz: Here is a suggestion, how about if we just treat each other that way in MD? Since I don't know you, I give you the benefit of the doubt and expect that you can, if that is your desire. I promise to treat you with the same respect that you give to me. If I fail then I will publicly apologize.

Not to say that I'm not up for a more structured debate, just that it is unnecessary if we can treat each other with dignity and respect.

Also, I can't speak for CO. So maybe you want to pm him and draw his attention tho this thread.
Well your proposal is basically what the rules already state, so yea. It's not that revolutionary of a concept.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Well your proposal is basically what the rules already state, so yea. It's not that revolutionary of a concept.
Then how about we give it a try? You and I don't have to continue down the path that we're on. I'm willing if you are.