• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kayfabe betrayals

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There has been many great betrayals(kayfabe) in the history of wrestling. Which one has been your favorite?

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Shawn turning on Marty was great.

Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy costing Kerry. Von Erich the NWA Title led to one of greatest feuds between Freebirds & Von Erichs

Paul Bearer double crossing Undertaker at SummerSlam 1996

Paul Orndoff turning on Hulk Hogan

Andre The Giant turning on Hulk Hogan

Owen Hart turning on Bret Hart

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Didn’t see this one live, however, Larry Zbyzsko turning on Bruno led to an amazing feud. In addition, we cannot leave the Mega Powers implosion out of this thread.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Who can forget implosion of Mega Powers. Other that Austin vs Rock at WM 17 Hogan vs Savage had one of best builds ever. You can say it started at WrestleMania 4 & ended at WrestleMania 5.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
One that stuck through my mind recently was Scott Steiner turning on Rick Steiner to join the NWO at SuperBrawl in 1998. That one came out of the blue for me, even if we had seen in previous weeks a change in Scott's attitude but I never expected him to jump ship to the NWO.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
One that stuck through my mind recently was Scott Steiner turning on Rick Steiner to join the NWO at SuperBrawl in 1998. That one came out of the blue for me, even if we had seen in previous weeks a change in Scott's attitude but I never expected him to jump ship to the NWO.
If you look just before Scott turned on Rick he had the look on his face of I don't really want to do this but I have to. Picture is worth a thousand words & that look said it all that Scott hated doing it but it paid off for him in long run

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'd have to rewatch that exact part when it happened because I never noticed it until you mentioned it. But yeah, in the long run, that's the moment he broke out as a singles.

HabsMike25

Registered Member

The look is about 37 seconds into clip. You may have to see it a good couple times to see the look Scott gives before turning on Rick

Last edited: