• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Katrina

Wade8813

Registered Member
A member from GF was brutally murdered. Is this how we honor her? By renaming Subtalk after her, then turning it into a cesspool of bickering?

Don't come in this thread and name names, or point fingers. Don't come in here with righteous indignation, scolding "those other people". Just look at your own actions. Have you contributed to the problem? I don't care how others have antagonized you. You're responsible for how you respond.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Actually saw this thread coming and I absolutely agree with you Wade on this sensitive subject. The reason I donated before and changed the name was because I sort of felt offended despite not knowing her to change the name because I didn't feel it was right to have a section that remembers her where absolute crock is posted. Then someone came along and re named it, wasn't a happy chappy. Wasn't worth donating again and changing the name because I knew it'll be re named again.

I have also contributed to a lot of spud posts in SubTalk but I am not going to stop something from making my time on General Forum enjoyable. It's a great gesture towards Katrina but unfortunately, it has to go.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
A member from GF was brutally murdered. Is this how we honor her? By renaming Subtalk after her, then turning it into a cesspool of bickering?

Don't come in this thread and name names, or point fingers. Don't come in here with righteous indignation, scolding "those other people". Just look at your own actions. Have you contributed to the problem? I don't care how others have antagonized you. You're responsible for how you respond.
You finally made a point. It was about time!

I still don't see how it's an honor to name ST after her.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never post in ST, and I try to avoid this section as much as possible, but since I'm a super moderator I have to come in here and make sure everything is going smoothly. But lately, this section has been giving me a bigger headache than usual, which says a lot if you know me.

I completely agree with what wade just posted above. The back and forth some members have some days makes me regret putting so much effort in GF.

It's embarassing to see some of these new threads where members are calling each other out, then the replies that come afterwards. I agree, not all forums are a close niche, and some members do dislike each other, but when it's been going on for over a year or so, don't you think it's time to move on? I personally think so. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I'm just talking in General.

I've said this many times, and I'll say it again hoping that it does some good. Stop going at each others throat, life is to short to do this stupid shit on a message board.

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
I see what you're trying to do and it's nice - but you're wasting your time. Don't forget about the thread Danny made. It only lasts for so long.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I have never liked it that the ST title referenced Katrina. ST has always been a cesspool of garbage (at least as long as I have been around) and IMHO it was not a good way to honor Katrina.

I'm sorry that I feel that way and I understand that the person/people that did it had the best intentions and wanted to have a way to honor our lost friend.

I really do miss her and think of her often. Thanks MiT for posting a link about French kissing as I went back to that thread where Katrina wrote nice things about me. It brought tears to my eyes.

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
It doesn't mean nobody cares or that we have all forgotten her if you change the name to something else.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
ST has always been a cesspool, talking about body parts on a daily basis and sexual innuendos and members making comments has been going on long before Katrina came along and this was named after her. It makes no sense that now suddenly this is dishonoring her. It never should have been named after her to begin with.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Member's shouldn't be guilt tripped by her death.

You're going to get this happening from time to time. The forum is full of different character's and people are going to butt heads.
Yes we can all do our part to try and make it a happier place but it only lasts for so long. It's something you can't control.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I'm deeply offended that it's being insinuated that anything Tucker and I have said to each other is dishonoring her death, that is disgusting. And yes, I'm defending Tucker. He and I may have our differences but nothing he or I have said is dishonoring her. This is a horrible thing to say, to he and I and anyone else involved.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Politics & Law 2
CaptainObvious Birthdays 6
EllyDicious Bathroom Wall 48
shelgarr Breaking News 1
qweerblue Bathroom Wall 8