Kapono agrees to four-year, $24 million deal with Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Free agent sharpshooter Jason Kapono has quickly reached an agreement Sunday to leave the Miami Heat and sign a four-year deal believed to be worth $24 million with the Toronto Raptors.a
    The NBA's free agent period commenced at 12:01 Sunday morning, with free agents unable to formally sign contracts before July 11.
    "Jason is excited about this opportunity and intends to sign with the Raptors when the moratorium period ends," said Kapono's agent, Bob Myers.
    Kapono, a second-round draft pick of the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2003, led the NBA in 3-point percentage, and posted career-highs in points (10.9) and rebounds (2.7) this season.
    Senior writer Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922597

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Cant believe the Heat didnt resign him, im happy for him but at the same time im mad that he left. Either way he will be a great addition to the Raps hopefully they utillized his abilities.

3. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Yay for the Raptors. Another great move that can hopefully pay off for us sooner then later.

4. zunami

zunami Registered Member

I thought the Raptors had their sights aimed a little higher for SF. But he's a great fit because of his shooting.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

They had there eye on Pietrus, but then Jason Richardson got traded, so there's almost no chance that they could get him. Kapono is a good shooter, and he'll probably be coming off the bench, he can give us instant scoring, and the Raptors are a three point shooting team so he should fit right in.

6. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Thats true. They knew that they had a little chance at Pietrus because of the Richardson deal and they went out and made the best of another world and got one of the better shooters around. Good move , I noticed a lot of big games that they lost were because they couldn't make the big shots and this guy can.

7. TDG1987

TDG1987 Registered Member

I like what Toronto has put together and adding Kapono helps them out even more. Every team needs a reliable outside shooter and Kapono brings that to the Raptors. Toronto has a young superstar in Bosh, plus a couple other young guys that could be stars. Add to that the other young role players, and you've got a team that's quickly on the rise.

8. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I really like this deal that Colangelo did. It actually came put of right field. No one and I mean no one saw this coming. This guy can shoot the lights out which means he brings instant scoring to a team that is already averaging more then 100ppg. He'll be a good guy coming off the bench, and might even start some games here and there. The scary thing is that he'll only get better. He's only 24 years of age. He'll never be a 20ppg type of guy but he can give you 15 a night I guarantee you.

9. THEONE

THEONE Guest

good move for the raptors he makes you wonder why the heat let to good the point shooters leave jones and kapono

10. fpwarriors65

fpwarriors65 Guest

I disagree, with this being a good move, Kapono had a good season while playing on the same team as D-Wade and Shaq, since both of those players require double teams this means that there is alot of open shots espicially on the perimeter, do not get me wrong shooting 51% is amazing but i just wanna know what he can do with out two star players on his team, and i think that 24 million is alot of money